Fun Party Game, Brown Paper Bag Guessing Game
Paper Bag Guessing Game
I was recently at a family reunion and this was one of the games they had for everyone to play. I have never seen or heard of it before until then. I would like to share it with you because my daughter and I had a lot of fun playing this, as did everyone else.
You will need 26 brown paper bags, the smaller ones that you would use to pack a lunch in.
- On each paper bag you need to write one letter of the alphabet on the front side.
- Next you need to place an object in each bag that starts with the letter of the bag.
- Seal all of the bags up to be sure no one can peek inside.
- Place all of the bags in a basket.
- Print out pieces of paper numbered with the letters of the alphabet and place them in the basket also along with some pens or pencils.
- Place the basket on a table where everyone can participate when they are ready to.
- Near the end of the party open the bags and check the papers to see who came closest to getting the most right.
- You can award a prize if you wish.
Game Rules (explain to guests)
- Take a lettered paper and pen, mark your name on top incase you are not there at the end of the party.
- Feel each paper bag and try to guess what is inside of the bag. NO PEEKING!!! Feel, squeeze, and use your imagination. Item will start with the letter on the bag.
- When completed place your completed paper in the designated area and wait to see how many you got right.
This is a great party idea because your guests can do it at their own pace and you do not have to have a set time for the game. All you have to do it place the basket with the bags and papers out, on or near a table, and when the guests are ready to give it a try they can feel free to start guessing. It is great for all ages. Just explain the rules to everyone and really stress there is NO PEEKING !!!
When everyone who wanted to play the game is done or the party is coming to an end gather all the game players up. Hand them their answer sheets, also if someone had left already just ask another guest to check theirs, and begin opening the bags to announce what was really inside. The answers that some people imagine up is just as much fun to hear as it was to play the game. You and your guests will be laughing for weeks!!!!!
Some items you can use in bags: A - Antibacterial hand gel (small bottle), B - bingo chips, T - tea bag, Z - Zebra (small child's toy animal) etc.
and so on.
So at your next party give it a try. I am sure you and your guests will find it as fun as I did. (I am still laughing at myself for putting "Kite" as my K answer when it was actually a key chain inside, my imagination told me it was a tiny Kite) I know some of you will be shocked at what your imagination will come up with while playing this game. By the way, it is not as easy as it sounds to guess items in the bag. Good Luck and have loads of fun!!!!!!!!!!!
More by this Author
The furniture we have in our homes are use a lot day to day. You want a comfortable place to just sit down and take a load off after a hard days work and a place to just relax and spend time with your loved ones. But...
What do you do if your Shark Navigator vacuum seems to lose its suction power? All you need to do is give it a good cleaning!
I absolutely love my double kitchen sink. It is perfect in every way. I can wash dishes in one side and then place them in the drying rack on the other side preventing the issue of wet counter tops. I can have a pot or...