Bubble Wrap Therapy
Bubble Wrap: The Greatest Stress Buster Invented
The package you've been waiting for has arrived and all of the items you've ordered are encased in a cocoon of bubbly plastic wrap. You are careful to cut the tape that holds it in place so that all of the popping can be done by hand. You are excited to finally have the books and music CDs in your possession, but looking through them can wait. First, its time to spend a few moments releasing some of the pressure that you've been under by popping some of those thick, puffy bubbles.
Once the wrap is freed from the items that hold it, you hold the sheet of plastic close to you and squish the bubbles so that they make a satisfying popping sound. If a friend or family member is with you, you invite him or her to join you and hand the person a piece of bubble wrap. As you burst those bubbles together, your endorphins explode like it's New Year's Eve all over again! Popping the bubbles in bubble wrap is almost as good as eating chocolate.
My daughter hopping on bubble wrap
Who do you call when the bubble wrap arrives?
When a fresh batch of bubble wrap comes into our lives, I call my daughter and her friends in for a fun frolic. I invite them to jump up and down, to dance and stomp on the bubbles to make them pop. They giggle until their sides split. Sometimes I join them.
Oh, Bubble Wrap, Bubble Wrap, How Do I Pop Thee?
A plethora of methods can be used to pop those bubble. Here are a few:
1. Squeezing. You hold a sheet of the bubble wrap close to your body and squeeze them so that they pop noisily. Popping with both hands at the same time is satisfying.
2. Rolling. You lay a giant sheet of bubble wrap down on the ground, drop to the floor, and roll back and forth on it. If you have ever seen the movie Home, you'll remember the Boov leader named Smek rolling on bubble wrap as a source of comfort.
3. Jumping. You jump up and down on the bubble wrap to pop the bubbles with your feet. In this manner, many bubbles will pop at the same time. You experience double the pleasure.
4. Dancing to Music. You throw down bubble wrap at a dance party and join the crowd of revelers dancing on the bubble wrap. Pleasure reaches exponential heights.
Four Ways to Pop the Bubbles on Bubble Wrap
How to Do It
Rate of Satisfaction
Hold sheet of bubble wrap close to your body and squeeze the bubbles with your hands to pop them.
Place sheet of bubble wrap on the floor, lay down on it, and roll back and forth.
Lay sheet of bubble wrap on the floor and jump up and down on it to pop the bubbles.
Lay sheet of bubble wrap on the floor and dance on it with friends to your favorite party music
Youth Dancing on Bubble Wrap
© 2017 Karen Szklany Gault
More by this Author
Fireflies are attracted to other small lights, and a small hand-made lantern will attract them to you if you light it and carry it with you between 8pm and midnight during the summer months. Enjoy!
- 0Interview with a Mermaid Princess About Her Adventures with Rubber Duckies, Bath Books, and Other Water Toys
A delightful interview by the author with a young mermaid princess (daughter) who lives in a cove (bathtub). Fun to read aloud to young people as they look at the pictures.
A list of 10 ways that a family can enjoy a rainy day together. Having fun together strengthens our bonds and helps us live longer.