Call of Duty Black Ops Ascension Zombie Map Review
Ascension Zombie map
Ascension is a new zombie map available for Call of Duty Black Ops on the Xbox 360. It comes with the "first strike map pack." The map pack will also be released for ps3, and PC in March 2011. Ascension takes place within a soviet launch facility, and the zombies are invading! This is by far the largest map to ever be made for Nazi Zombies. For most players, it may take some time to get used to the maps layout. This is way larger than both Kino Der Toten, and five.
At the beginning of the level, the game will be in black & white. The only way to get color is by turning on the power. The developers may have done this black & white scheme due to the original Night of the Living Dead being black & white. Perhaps a throwback to the classic zombie movie? In a way, it makes things more interesting. In the spawn room, there is a giant centrifuge that will turn and spin periodically. This giant arm-like machine can knock you down if your to close. This is not a trap, its more of an environmental factor. This machine can down a player, however, zombies can be killed by it as well.
Ascension has the same premise like all previous maps. Gather points by shooting zombies, and open doors across the map. You will have numerous choices on where to defend. The mystery box makes a return, and you will have the ability to use a pack-a-punch to upgrade your weapons.
New Enemy - Space Monkeys
Hellhounds have been replaced with space monkeys. These monkeys will try to steal your perks. They will jump on top of the perk machines and attempt to destroy them. If they manage to damage the perk machine enough, you will lose that perk. These monkeys can really change the way the game is played. It forces players to defend the perk machines if they wish to keep that perk.
There are no teleporters on this map, however, there are three platform stations across the map. You can call a floating platform, and it will allow you to escape from the zombies temporarily. All the platforms will take you back to the original spawn room where the level starts. This is one of the most notable new features.
• All perks make a return, except for double tap. There are also two new perks, phd flopper and stamin-up.
• New weapons - the Gersch device and Matryoshka Dolls
• The map is very detailed, and has a lot of places to go.
• The floating platforms are a nice addition to the map which allows you to escape from the zombies for a while.
• New enemy - Space Monkeys - which will try and steal perks!
• Has nearly all aspects of previous zombie maps - traps, mystery box will relocate, power ups perks etc...
• May be very confusing to players who have never played zombies. Even veteran players may be confused by the maps complex layout, but it depends on the individual.
• Double tap perk is not on this map
• Players may not like the Black and White screen at the beginning
More by this Author
Black Ops 2 Zombies Tranzit can be a very difficult map because it is so large and is easy to get lost in. This guide will give you some tips and tricks for surviving against the zombie horde in Tranzit. There are 5...
The Bus Depot map is quite a difficult map to play on Survival on Black Ops 2 Zombies. This is mainly contributed to the fact that you can not buy any perks and can not upgrade weapons. Without the Jugger-nog perk, it...
Over and under shotguns are quite common for clay bird shooting Clay pigeon shooting is quite a fun recreational activity to do with shotguns.For some it may come easy, for others not so easy. It it all depends on the...