Call of Duty Black Ops Zombies Moon: Rock Strategy by the Teleporter & Mule Kick Perk
There is a great strategy for the zombie map "Moon", for Call of Duty Black Ops. I actually found this out the first day I played this level. The strategy involves running around a rock on Moon's surface to dodge attacking zombies. There is low gravity outside, which means zombies will move slower. This can be a great advantage, but also a disadvantage because if you jump into a zombie you will slow down, as a result, you will take more hits. However, the advantage is that zombies will be easier to kill on low gravity because they are much slower.
Call of Duty Black Ops Moon: Heading to the surface
Before you can run around Moon's surface, you need to open a substantial amount of doors. There are two routes that you can take to travel to the Moon's surface. Tunnels are located on each side of the Moon Base Spawn Room. The left side (where the Olympia is) is actually a shorter route, it only takes 3 doors to find the power room. The right side (where the m14 is) takes 4 doors to open, but has semtex grenades in one of the rooms. It is your decision.
Once you arrive in the power room, you are actually directly below the moon's surface. You need to go up the stairs beside the large pyramid until you get to the room where the mp5k is. In the computer rooms, you can actually find a hacker device, which will open doors for a cheaper price. You can get to the Moon's surface by opening cheaper doors, but the hacking device takes a while to use, and you can not wear a space helmet when you have the hacker.
(Area where strategy takes place)
Black Ops Moon Rock Strategy by the teleporter & Mule Kick Perk
Once your out on the Moon's surface, note the rock outside. You can run around the rock and make a "freight train" of zombies follow behind you. A freight train of zombies is essentially strategically grouping up zombies so they are easy to line up and eliminate.
Since there is low gravity in this area, zombies won't be able to run at you as fast. Being outside does require a helmet though. You will die without a space helmet eventually.
If you are in need of a weapon, you can buy the ak74u and buy ammo when needed. Simply circle the rock and shoot the zombies that follow behind you and in front of you. Also, the mystery box spawns in this area too! On top of that, the mule kick perk is near the rock. The mule kick perk allows you to carry a third weapon!
Running around the Moon is easier with two people, but it is possible to run with four. It might be a good idea to have two players running outside on the Moon' surface and have two players in the Bio Dome running around using the jumping pads. In this fashion, the zombies will not be contained in one area. Sometimes it becomes difficult to run around the rock outside when there is a full game of players and everyone is nearby.
Example video of rock strategy
Black Ops Moon Rock Strategy Tips
- Keep buying ammo for the ak74u to make more points. The ak74u is a pretty good weapon.
- Keep moving around the rock, do not stop too much, or zombies will catch up to you.
- If there are a large group of zombies, throw frag grenades to make crawlers.
- Use the teleporter if it becomes to difficult to kill the zombies because of ammo or other players have died etc..
- The juggernog perk makes it much easier to run around without going down.
- Pick up power ups dropped by zombies to increase your chances of survival.
- If you or other players have a gersch device, throw them so they get sucked up by the black hole!
- The astronaut zombie will come out here, do not let him grab you, or you will lose a random perk and be teleported! Move back on the movement stick if he grabs you to escape!
Additional Tips (Mainly Optional)
- You can the hack ak74u to make upgraded ammo the price of normal ammo! Since you can not have the hacker and space helmet at the same time outside, you will need someone to revive you when you go down because of lack of oxygen.
- The mystery box can also be hacked when it is out on the Moon, but you will need a player to revive you. Also, the mystery box spawn location can also be hacked, so the mystery box spawns for one spin!
- Buy the mule kick perk so you can have a third weapon.You will lose your third weapon that you are holding if the astronaut zombie hits you.
More by this Author
The Bus Depot map is quite a difficult map to play on Survival on Black Ops 2 Zombies. This is mainly contributed to the fact that you can not buy any perks and can not upgrade weapons. Without the Jugger-nog perk, it...
Black Ops 2 Zombies Tranzit can be a very difficult map because it is so large and is easy to get lost in. This guide will give you some tips and tricks for surviving against the zombie horde in Tranzit. There are 5...
Before you can finally face Miraak in the Elder Scrolls Skyrim Dragonborn Quests, you need to solve a book puzzle on the "At the Summit of Apocrypha" Quest. When you read the Waking Dreams book you will be...