Call of Duty: World at War Cheats, Tips, and Walkthrough
Call of Duty: World at War Review
COD 5 has received loads of praise and incredibly high sales since its release, so you can just about guarantee that you'll have immense fun playing this action game. COD Worlds at War is a first person shooter game with elements of historic action, as the game is set in WWII.
You will find that Call of Duty 5 is a great game that doesn't miss a beat from the time you open the game's package until you complete all the achievements and finish the game in its entirety. There are just loads of multi-layer componetes as well as solo mode features that any action gamer will appreciate.
Although, you will find that the overall interface could be better, as there isn't a lot of emphasis on the stylistic end of the game, the cinematics are pretty impressive. The graphics and the overall color scheme show a lot of greens and browns, as you are in war, but the overall details and effects are great.
Again, the cinematics are great, meaning the sound quality and sound effects are big.
The gameplay is pretty strong, but at times the mini-games can hold back the overall gameplay of the main storyline. But, with 26 different missions, loads of achievements that you can earn, stat tracking, online multi-player mode, and a challenge mode, you'll find that Call of Duty: Worlds at War offers room for more entertainment.
Call of Duty: World at War
You can unlock certain game modes by completing various objectives.
Veteran Mode (a Co-op mode with harder enemies): Reach level 32
Zombie Mode (a 4 player Co-op mode fighting loads of Nazi zombies): Complete Campaign mode
World at Wars DS Code
Push the following keys in the sequence below at the War Room Options screen in order to unlock all of the capaign and challenge missions.
Y, X, Y, Y, X, Y, X, X, Y
World at War Screenshots
By reaching a certain level in online multi-player mode, you can achieve the following unlockables.
Prestige Level 1: Custom Class Slot 6
Prestige Level 2: Custom Class Slot 7
Prestige Level 4: Custom Class Slot 8
Prestige Level 7: Custom Class Slot 9
Prestige Level 10: Custom Class Slot 10
Level 2: Springfield (sniper); Trench Gun (shotgun); Walther
Level 3: 1911 Colt
Level 4: Arisaka; BAR
Level 6: Gewehr 47
Level 10: MP40; MP40; Molotov Cocktail; MP40
Level 11: Clan Tag
Level 13: DP-28
Level 17: M1 Garand
Level 25: Type 100
Level 29: Double-Barreled Shotgun
Level 33: MG42
Level 37: STG-44
Level 41: Kar98k
Level 45: FG42
Level 49: .357 Magnum
Level 53: PPSh-41
Level 57: PTRS-41
Level 61: Browning M1919
Level 65: M1A1 Carbin
PC Collector's Edition
Xbox Collector's Edition
Call of Duty World at Wars PC Cheats
While playing the COD 5, press ~ in order to display the console window, and at that point type "devmap mak" and [Enter] in order to enable the following cheats.
give all -All weapons
sf_use_bw 1 -Black and White movie mode
devmap [map name] -Change maps
notarget -Disable AI
god -God mode
sf_use_ignoreammo 1 -Infinite ammo
mapname -List maps
noclip -No clipping mode
sf_use_invert 1 -Photo negative mode
sf_use_chaplin 1 -Silent movie mode
Level Select Codes
You want to unlock the game's console by going to the 'Game Options' screen and selecting 'yes.' Now, open the Game Console with the ~ key, and type in the following codes in order to go to that level.
Devmap pby_fly -Black Cats
Devmap see2 -Blood and Iron
Devmap oki2 -Blowtorch & Corkscrew
Devmap oki3 -Breaking Point
Devmap pel1a -Burn 'Em Out
Devmap ber3b -Downfall
Devmap ber2 -Eviction
Devmap pel2 -Hard Landing
Devmap ber3a -Heart of the Reich
Devmap pel1 -Little Resistance
Devmap nazi_zombie_prototype -Nacht der Untoten
Devmap pel1b -Relentless
Devmap ber1 -Ring Of Steel
Devmap mak -Semper Fi
Devmap see1 -Their Land, Their Blood
Devmap sniper -Vendetta
Other Call of Duty 5 Tips
- Crouching and proning are important tips for survival. You will reduce your chances of further damage when you are under heavy fire. Plus, when you prone, you can get more advanced and reload.
- When you are under firre, remember to find cover because your health will refill with the quick rest. But, never assume that your cover is save, which is where crouching and proning help out.
- Although you are less likely to get a direct shot to the head, when you aim without using your sights, sometimes you will find that you can hit the enemy much quicker.
- Press the 'Aim' button when enemies are in front of you, and you will be able to auto-aim on that enemy. Again, it's not likely that you'll get an automatic shot to the head, but it'll definitely make your aim quicker.
- "Cook" your grenades by holding down the grenade button and letting go. This will reduce the time that your enemy has to throw the grenade back at you. Just make sure not to hold it down too long.
- Sometimes you can toss a live grenade back, but make sure that when you see the grenade indicator you run away or quickly go to the source and attempt to toss it back.
- If you see the grenade indicator, press the 'run' button and go as far away as you can. If you see the grenade coming in, then you can try to toss it back, but if it's already sitting there, just run.
- When in the Japanese portion of the game, make sure that you don't forget about the 'melee' button. Press it when there is an enemey near, and they'll die. You'll also want to press the button if you're caught by a banzai, but you'll need to wait until the perfect time or you'll miss the timing.
- If you get lost, you can follow your friends.
- When in battle, if you can see a name over a person that you're aiming at, you don't want to shoot because that person is an ally.
- When you're fighting an almost infinite stream of enemies, you'll find that advancing their position is the only way to stop the flow.
- Keep your eyes out for side areas and guns leaning against walls, as those are weapons that are typically worth finding. You can carry two guns at once, so make sure to keep the best ones that you find and discard the others.
Call of Duty Walkthrough Part 1
Call of Duty Walkthrough Part 2
Call of Duty Walkthrough Part 3
Call of Duty Walkthrough Part 4
Call of Duty Walkthrough Part 5
COD: Worlds at War Achievements
Complete 'Semper Fi' in Solo mode- Carlson's Raiders
Survive a Banzai attack in Solo mode- Close Shave
In the final battle for Okinawa, save Sergeant Roebuck in Solo or co-op mode- Guardian Angel
In 'Black Cats', blast out all of the spot lights in the Japanese cargo convoy in Solo mode- Lights Out!
Kill 8 Japanese by throwing mortars in 'Breaking Point' in Solo or co-op mode- Mortar-dom
Save the soldier before he burns to death in Solo or co-op mode- Saved Private Ryan
Kill 10 enemies while the lights are out in the subway in 'Eviction' in Solo or co-op mode- Shot in the Dark
Complete any mission using only the flamethrower; you can use melee, grenades or explosives as well, in Solo or co-op mode- Firestarter
Collect all Death Cards in the game in Solo mode- Grave Robber
Assassinate General Amsel with a pistol shot in Solo mode- Gunslinger
Destroy all towers and bunkers in 'Blood and Iron' in Solo or co-op mode- Iron Fist
Complete any level on Regular difficulty or higher using only melee and grenades in Solo mode- Kamikaze
Burn an enemy out of a tree with the flamethrower in 'Hard Landing' in Solo or co-op mode- No Safe Place
Kill 3 enemies with a single bullet in Solo or co-op mode- Rough Economy
Kill 15 enemies while mounted on a tank in 'Ring of Steel' in Solo or co-op mode- Ruthless
Take out a Japanese soldier while he is lying in the grass in Solo or co-op mode- Snake in the Grass
Establish a beachhead on the island of Peleliu in Solo mode- Stormed Peleliu
Shoot all of Amsel's henchmen, including their attack dog, without reloading in Solo mode- The Professional
Kill 45 Japanese Zeros in 'Black Cats' in Solo mode- The Sum of All Zeros
On Hardened or Veteran difficulty, complete a level without dying in Solo mode- Throw a Six and a Half
Radio in a naval bombardment that kills at least 4 Japanese soldiers in Solo or co-op mode- Weapon of Mass Destruction
Complete all missions on the Eastern Front setting in Solo mode- Stabbed in the Heart
Survive the land and air conflict surrounding Okinawa in Solo mode- The Last Stand
Complete a 4 player Competitive Co-Op match in 1st place over Xbox LIVE- Blue Ribbon
Complete 'Vendetta' on Veteran difficulty in Solo mode- Architect
Complete 'Downfall' on Veteran difficulty in Solo mode- Bearing the Burden
Complete 'Little Resistance' on Veteran difficulty in Solo mode- Bloody Peleliu
Complete 'Blowtorch & Corkscrew' on Veteran difficulty in Solo mode- Blowtorch & Corkscrew
Complete 'Relentless' on Veteran difficulty in Solo mode- Fearless
Complete 'Heart of the Reich' on Veteran difficulty in Solo mode- For the Motherland
Complete 'Semper Fi' on Veteran difficulty in Solo mode- Get Your Hands Dirty
Complete a match in Campaign Co-Op mode through Xbox LIVE- Get Your Left Foot Wet
Complete a match in Competitive Co-Op mode through Xbox LIVE- Get Your Right Foot Wet
Complete 'Blood and Iron' on Veteran difficulty in Solo mode- Hell on Wheels
Complete 'Ring of Steel' on Veteran difficulty in Solo mode- No Return
Complete 'Black Cats' on Veteran difficulty in Solo mode- One Bad Gato
Complete 'Burn'em Out' on Veteran difficulty in Solo mode- Scorched Earth
Complete 'Breaking Point' on Veteran difficulty in Solo mode- Setting of the Sun
Complete 'Their Land, Their Blood' on Veteran difficulty in Solo mode- The Hammer Strikes
Complete 'Hard Landing' on Veteran difficulty in Solo mode- The Sword Is Broken
Complete 'Eviction' on Veteran difficulty in Solo mode- When It Rains, It Pours
Complete the game on any difficulty in Solo mode- War Hero
Complete the game on Hardened or Veteran difficulty in Solo mode- Hardened War Hero
Die 10 times at a checkpoint- Purple Heart
COD: World at War Reviews
- IGN: Call of Duty: World at War Review
IGN is the ultimate resource for Call of Duty: World at War reviews featuring in-depth reviews from our award-winning editorial staff along side thousands of user reviews.
- Call Of Duty 5 Wii
My Wii News reveiws COD5.
- Review: Call of Duty: World at War (Wii/DS)
Infendo reviews Call of Duty World at War for Wii and DS
- CheatCC: Call of Duty: World at War Review for Nintendo DS
Check out CCC's in-depth Call of Duty: World at War review for the Nintendo DS to find out if this game is worth buying, renting, or if you should avoid it altogether.
- Call of Duty: World at War video game review for the XBOX360
An honest, unbiased review of Call of Duty: World at War for the XBOX360
- 1Up: Call of Duty 5 World at War (Xbox 360)
1Up has the review for the Xbox version of COD 5, but you can also find reviews for the other gaming console versions.
- GameSpot: Call of Duty: World at War for PlayStation 3 Review - PlayStation 3
Call of Duty: World at War for PlayStation 3 Review - GameSpot's in depth PlayStation 3 Call of Duty: World at War review can help you better decide if Call of Duty: World at War is worth your time and money.
- Call of Duty PC Review
The Strategy Informer reviews COD 5 for PC
- GamesRadar: Call Of Duty: World at War PC
Games Radar's review of COD Worlds at War
- GameZone: Call of Duty: World at War Review - PC
Call of Duty: World at War Review - See our complete Call of Duty: World at War Review at GameZone.com
More by this Author
Kane & Lynch is a cooperative action game that was created for XBox 360, PlayStation 3, and Windows PC. The game depicts two men as they go through a violent and chaotic journey. The game is a fast paced shooter...
If you are having problems with your XBox 360, you can attempt to fix it yourself by taking it apart and trying to clean it out, and if you are not 100% sure how to do that, you can following the following guide for...
Learn some of the signs of infected belly-button piercings and what to do about them.