How to Beat Candy Crush Saga Levels: Quick Tips and Cheats
Candy Crush Saga isn't your usual match-3 puzzle game. It is a thinking player’s game. While its goal is very similar to that of other gem-matching games, it compels players to think before they start destroying delicious candies.
Objectives vary from one level to another. Some require players to score X points in 20 to 30 moves, whereas others have to be completed by removing blank spaces filled with jellies. It’s all about matching the right candies to complete objectives, along with scoring points and ranking in online leaderboard.
The first few levels are easy to play, but players may find levels 35 and beyond quite challenging. Here are some tips and tricks to help you complete difficult levels in Candy Crush Saga.
Tips to Complete Levels
1. Always keep a mental note of all possible matches before you start matching candies. This way, you will be quicker in completing objectives. Remember there isn’t any time limit, only a limit on the number of moves.
2. If you don’t play for a few seconds, the game will automatically provide a hint; you will see some candies flashing, showing a potential match. However, it's not always best to take the hint; the hint system shows random potential matches, and you need to use your brain to make the correct matches, especially for objectives that require you to remove all jellies, or bring down some ingredients to the bottom of the board.
3. In levels that require you to remove all jellies, target those candies that are covered with jellies or are close to the jelly-filled candy. This way you will be able to remove most jelly-filled spaces in a few moves.
4. Like other Saga games, this game also has plenty of boosters or “power-ups” that help you achieve your objectives faster. Once you unlock a booster, such as Extra Moves, Jellyfish and Lollipop Hammer, it will be shown at the top-right corner of the screen. Click on any one of the unlocked boosters before starting a level.
5. When play starts, you will have all five lives. If your Facebook friends send you lives, don’t click on the "Accept" button right away; just close the window. Once you lose a life, then you should find the envelope icon (at the top left corner of the screen, in map mode) and click on it to accept the donated life at a time when you can use it.
How to Create Special Candies
Always take advantage of special candies. There are three special candies that can be created by matching four or more normal candies:
1. To get a special striped candy, you will have to match four candies of the same color. After getting this special candy, match it with a normal candy that is similar in color. The result will be a line blast that will remove all candies in the same line, horizontally or vertically.
2. Matching candies in an L-shaped or T-shaped pattern earns you a special candy wrapped in plastic. Match this special candy with candies of the same color to destroy a set of candies in one move. This can be very helpful in those levels that require removing stubborn jelly-filled spaces.
3. You can also match five candies to get a big chocolate ball that has small circular candies stuck on its surface. Combine this special candy with a normal candy of any color to remove all candies of that color. The strategy here is to choose the candy color that is most abundant.
Is Candy Crush Saga More Challenging Than Other Match-3 Games?See results without voting
How to Make Special Combos
Creating special candies is one of the best ways to solve tricky levels, but did you know that you can combine two special candies to create marvelous special effects and remove maximum candies from the game board? Here’s how to create those yummy game-changers:
- Combine two special striped candies to trigger a double line blast. Both striped candies get activated, creating a row and column blast for each of them.
- Swap a special striped candy with the plastic-wrapped candy bomb to create a cross-shaped blast that can easily destroy three rows and three columns.
- Combine the chocolate ball special candy with the striped candy to create multiple striped candies. Then, wait and watch all striped candies detonate one by one.
- A dream combo for a player, but not easy to create – swap one chocolate ball with the other to destroy all candies on the game board.
- Swapping the plastic-wrapped special bomb with the chocolate ball will trigger the latter, and then a random candy will be selected to destroy candies of the same color.
- Combining two wrapped candies will destroy the maximum number of candies on the game board.
Level 66 Hints
In this level, the objectives are to earn 40,000 points and bring down at least two cherries and two acorns to the bottom of the game screen. You will need to match candies to your right, and this will trigger candies and the required ingredients on the left screen to come down and disappear into four portals at the bottom of the game screen.
The best strategy is to create a vertical striped candy by matching four standard candies to your right, and then use it to trigger vertical line blasts to quickly bring down cherries and acorns. Don’t worry about the score objective, as bringing down cherries and acorns will by itself fetch you 40,000 points (each special ingredient is worth 10,000 points).
Do you have any tips and hints to solve those frustratingly difficult levels? Use the comment forum below to share your own unique combos and cheats.
Trick to Get Unlimited Lives
Losing those precious five lives can be frustrating. You will need to wait for 20-odd minutes before you get another set of lives. Twenty minutes? That’s like 50 years for a Candy Crush Saga fan. If you can't wait, here’s a trick to get back those lives. Note: This trick works only on the mobile app.
1. When you run out of lives, close the game app and access the mobile device’s date and time section in the settings menu.
2. Turn off the option that automatically updates your device’s date and time. Set the date and time manually by selecting a date ahead of the current date/time. For example: It’s 13 June, so manually set it to 14 June.
3. Close the settings and open the game app. You will see the countdown timer has disappeared and all five lives restored. No! Don’t start the game yet. Close the app.
4. Go back to the date and time settings and turn on auto date/time option. It will switch back to today’s date/time.
5. Now open the game app and start playing with all lives reset. Also, there won’t be any incorrect warnings.
Candy Crush Saga Dreamworld Expansion
The latest expansion offers a totally new way to try out previously played Candy Crush Saga levels. This isn’t another update, but a totally new experience, complete with 65 challenging levels and a cute owl called Odus. You can play these levels once you have completed level 50.
While matching candies, you will have to make sure Odus does not fall from the moon scale, or else you will have to replay the level. To keep the moon scale roughly balanced, avoid clearing too many candies of a single color; match candies of both the colors that control the scale. A balanced moon scale may trigger “Moon Struck” power, which removes, for a time, one or two colors of candy from the game board.
More by this Author
- EDITOR'S CHOICE1
Want to play your favorite Nintendo DS games on your Android phone or tablet? Read this step-by-step guide to learn how.
Going on a school trip for a week, but no Wi-Fi around? Tough luck! Next time, download these free Android games. You won’t need an Internet connection and can easily play them anytime, anywhere.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE21
The best RTS (real-time strategy) games for iPhone and iPad, for example Autumn Dynasty and Line of Defense: Tactics, provide a PC-like game experience.