Free Webkinz Guide - Curio Shop and Gem Mine Tips
Curio Shop Tips and Tricks
Arte, the owner of the Curio Shop, is slow to warm up to strangers. After the first time you visit, there are six levels of friendship, as indicated by Arte's greetings:
1. "Welcome to the Curio Shop. Hope you find what your looking for."
2. "Welcome back. See if you can find a bargain today."
3. "Hey, welcome back, if you see something you like, let me know."
4. "Good to see you again. Have fun shopping."
5. "Ahh, one of my favorite customers. Let's see what I can do for you."
6. "There you are! Always great to see you, my shop is your shop."
At the fifth level, Arte starts to drop hints about what general time frame you should look for a Rare Item. When you get to the sixth level, Arte will hold up a sign telling you exactly what hour of the day the Rare Item will be available at the Curio Shop.
So how do you progress through the levels? Arte, like most people in the service industry, loves to get tips, but don't insult him with too small an amount, or by tipping him more than once a day! He also appreciates your business, so try to check the Curio Shop to see if it's selling anything you want before hitting the W Shop. Who knows, Arte might even be selling it cheaper than the conventional store is!!!
The first levels are the easiest to progress through, but if you make sure to tip Arte 100 Kinzcash daily, and buy at least one small item every visit, you'll have the insider's scoop on the Rare Items in no time!
- Free Webkinz Guide - Tips and Tricks
Your guide to everything Webkinz, from where to find virtual charms, to the quickest ways to earn Kinzcash!
Need A New Webkinz?
Gem Mining Guide
The Curio Shop is also your entrance to the mines, where you can hunt once a day for precious gems, either to collect them in the hopes of exchanging one of each for the coveted Webkinz Crown of Wonder, or to sell them to Arte. Gems are arranged by colors and levels of rarity. The more rare the gem, the more Arte will offer you for it, but the harder it will be to find again. Arte also has a "Gem of the Day," for which, if you find it that day, he will significantly increase his offer.
To keep you from wandering aimlessly through the mines in search of treasure, I've compiled a list of where each gem can be found, to increase your likelihood of finding what you want. Remember, you have three tries to find a gem, and you can only mine once per day, so use your chances wisely!
Buried Bones Mine
- Only place to find the Webkinz Diamond
- All of the White Gems
- Level 2 Yellow Gems (Aurora Rox and Pyramid Plunder)
- Level 3 Green and Blue Gems
Muzzle Mouth Mine
- Only place to find the Red Ruby Heart
- All the Red Gems
- Level 2 White Gems (Unicorn Horn and Yum Zum Sparkle)
- Level 3 Yellow and Blue Gems
Barking Mad Mine
- Only place to find the Corona Topaz
- All of the Yellow Gems
- Level 2 Blue Gems (Teardrop Tower and Sea Stone)
- Level 3 Red and Green Gems
Flea Floater Mine
- Only place to find the Earth Emerald
- All of the Green Gems
- Level 2 Red Gems (Ember Amber and Volcano Viscose)
- Level 3 Yellow and White Gems
Howling Horse Mine
- Only place to find Ocean Sapphire
- All of the Blue Gems
- Level 2 Green Gems (Moss Marble and Cat's Eye Glint)
- Level 3 Red and White Gems
More Webkinz Info and Tips
- List of Webkinz - Release Dates & Retired
Webkinz animals, special items and foods, release dates, and retired status... plus the best deals on these educational virtual pets.
- Free Webkinz Guide - 60+ Stovetop Recipes
List of Webkinz - Release Dates & Retired Don't waste your Kinzcash or your time on trying to figure out recipes for yourself. These combinations are easy to cook up on your stove, and sure to be a hit...
- Free Webkinz Guide - Blender & Sandwich Maker Recipes
Mix these delicious drinks up in your Webkinz' blender to satisfy their sweet tooth! Then try the specialties you can whip up with your very own sandwich maker in your Kinz Kitchen!
More by this Author
Avoid tossing and turning (and prevent cricks in the neck!) by using proper pillow placement to align the spine and muscles for optimal relaxation.
Zhu Zhu Pets hamsters ((pronounced "shushu pets") are the latest craze to hit toy markets! These electronic pets simulate the fun of playing with a live animal, without the mess.
Weight Watching is easy with crockpot recipes for Lasagna, Chicken Stroganoff, Beef Stew, and Tortilla Soup!