Cyberghostde's 256x, 128x, 64x Super HD Hi-Res Realistic Minecraft Texture Pack
This is actually a combination of several texture packs, the idea that the whole can be more than the sum of its parts. It's not a bad theory, and anyone looking for a realistically rendered HD texture pack probably won't be dissapointed.
SCIENTIFIC TEXTURE ANALYSIS:
- Doors are wonderful in this texture pack. Wooden doors have a rustic Western feel. Iron doors are as steampunk as they get.
- Cloth is terrycloth, which makes me just want to have a shower. That's what they call Pavlovian conditioning right there.
- Sandstone looks authentic. Straight out of the Middle East. Straight out of Jesus's very own childhood bedroom even.
- Gravel looks like real gravel. You know, the stuff that hurts to walk over in your bare feet.
- Bookshelves look like real books. You know, leather bound books that none of us own anymore because we have e readers now. It's the future. The future! (Actually I've never understood why bookcases even exist in Minecaft, out of all the décor options one could add to a game, bookshelves wouldn't have been in my top three. But I am not Notch and that simple fact leads to 99% of my problems and personal issues.
- Furnaces are amazing and wouldn't look out of place in a self respecting dungeon. Even a dungeon with self esteem issues would probably be improved by them.
- The CAKE is round.
- The bed is a burlap sack. It was good enough for your grandfather and it's good enough for you.
- Trees. So realistic that setting fire to them makes your soul die just a little every time.
In short, this texture pack is fan freakin'tastic. What could possibly be wrong with it? I'm getting to that part now.
For reasons best known to itself, this particular texture pack is prone to taking what available memory you have and destroying it. It is very possible that you'll run into memory issues with this, especially if you have less than 4G RAM. You'll know if you're having memory issues because Minecraft will either straight out crash or display the memory error screen. The HD patcher has an option to increase Java heap size, so have a play with that, or try one of the lower resolution versions of the texture pack. Since 1.6 there have been far more incidences of problems with high resolution texture packs, so to some extent you may simply be out of luck if you're running with say, 2 G RAM. Basically what I'm saying is that this texture pack will crash your game. Mercilessly. Unless it doesn't.
More by this Author
For more Minecraft mods, visit: NPC mods are in high demand for Minecraft because many players don't want to play on a multi player server (Minecraft politics can be a headache) but at the same time they don't want to...
The Minecraft Smart Moving mod is one of the most exciting mods to come out for Minecraft in a long time. For too long we've been restricted to run, sprint and jump to navigate the world of Minecraft, but with the Smart...
So dirty, how to make it clean again? If you're anything like me, when you started out your new hobby life as an aquarist, you bought a second hand fish tank. Second hand fish tanks, assuming they don't leak,...