Disney Princess Toyota FJ Cruiser Ride On Review
I Give It 4 Stars
Product Specifics as Advertised
- Here are a few specifics on the Disney Princess Toyota FJ Cruiser
- 2 Speeds plus Reverse
- Maximum speed 5 mph
- 2 seater for passenger riding
- Authentic Disney Princess graphics
- Authentic Toyota FJ Cruiser design
- Includes 12 volt battery
- Battery requires 14 hours of charge time
- Battery delivers up to 2 hours of run time
- Dimensions: 30.31"L x 22.24"W x 48.43"H
- Maximum weight capacity: 130lbs
- Adult Assembly Required
It's Not Easy .............
Finding the perfect ride on toy for our little girl this year was no easy feat....partly because I am VERY indecisive and partly because I'm a little of a tightwad. At times I wanted one of the most expensive ride-ons just because of the name, and the fact that it had an mp3 player.....but was I really ready to spend $400 on a ride on for a 2 year old? Not so much. Then I was set on purchasing the cheapest 12 volt ride on available because it was the cheapest....but then I wondered what kind of quality I would receive.
After looking at many ride on toys for my daughters birthday this summer, we finally decided on the Disney Princess Toyota FJ Cruiser 12 Volt Powered Ride-On. It wasn't the cheapest choice, but it wasn't the most expensive either. My daughter already had a smaller quad ride on which was great, however it was only a 6 volt and didn't have much power or battery life. So the MAIN thing I was wanting in the next toy was a 12 volt power.
It's difficult for me to find anything that I disliked about this product. We have had it for just a couple of months, so for now the ONLY complaint I have about the Disney Princess Toyota FJ Cruiser is the time it takes to get a full charge. However, as I stated in the cons, on a full charge you get your 2 hours of riding time which for our daughter is more than sufficient. The length of ride time we get kind of cancels out the length of charge time.
What I Liked........
I know that there are very few if any perfect products out there, it really just depends on the buyer and what they're looking for as well as importance of different features. I have to say that this product for me, is pretty close to what I would consider perfect.
- As stated in the product specifics, there is assembly required, but it is not anything extensive. It's a matter of putting the axles and wheels on, and those cute pink shiny hubcaps. I believe we also had to place the bar on the back. It took a total of maybe 30 minutes to assemble. Then Dad took it for a test drive.
- Two separate and roomy seats to carry a passenger
- Battery is enclosed and secured underneath the seats out of little ones' reach
- Graphics are very cute and high quality. They come already placed on the vehicle so you don't have to worry about setting them just right and even.
- This jeep is much more powerful than our last ride on. It has 2 forward speeds and 1 reverse. My daughter is just 2, but she has no problem switching the gears and I really don't worry about it going too fast for her because she keeps it on the low speed on her own.
- Works on both grass as well as concrete/pavement. She has ridden all over our front and back yard with no problems, even over small hills with minimal effort. It doesn't get stuck or slip on grass. This vehicle goes from grass to pavement or concrete with no problems. We have gone on walks up and down our street and it drives beautifully.
- One of the most important features for me is the long battery life. It states that it requires a 14 hour charge, which is accurate to get a full charge. However, there have been several times we will charge it for a few hours before letting her ride it showing a 50% charge (there is a lit up display showing you charged percentage) and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in how powerful it is at just a half charge. On a full charge, you really truly get your 2 hour riding time out of it. We don't have to charge her jeep very often, and I LOVE that we don't have to take her off of it after 20 or 30 minutes to recharge it for another several hours.
Overall, I am very pleased with the Disney Princess Toyota FJ Cruiser. It does cost a little more than what I would have liked, however, I at least feel like the purchase was very well worth it when I consider the quality we got, the amount of play time it is getting, the durability, the ride time, etc. If those are all things that are important factors for you when choosing the right toy for your child, than I highly recommend the Disney Princess Toyota FJ Cruiser.
The Disney Princess Toyota FJ Cruiser Ride-On is available at Walmart for $249.
More by this Author
Not happy with any of the average everyday toddler beds you see? Here are 10 great ideas on how to make your own DIY Toddler Beds.
If you're looking for a great gift idea for babies or toddlers, the LeapFrog My Pal is one I highly recommend. My daughter is now 3 and still plays with hers and it still works perfectly!
Do you have hair that is constantly getting tangled? Do you purchase a lot of detangler spray for your child? If so, this is a must-try homemade detangling spray.
No comments yet.