Gears of War 3 Horde Mode: Silverback Mech Tips
The silverback is a powerful mech featured in Gears of War 3 horde mode and in the campaign. The silverback fires vulcan cannon mini guns to destroy enemies. It can also fire rockets, but these are not currently featured in horde mode. Upcoming download content will allow you to upgrade the silverback to fire rockets when using it whilst in horde mode.
How To Unlock Silverback in Gears of War 3 Horde Mode
Unlocking the silverback in Gears of War 3 horde mode is not an easy task. You will need to spend 170,000 dollars on barriers. This includes creating barriers, upgrading existing barriers, and repairing them. Once you have spent 170,000 on barriers, you can purchase the silverback in Gears of War 3 horde mode. The silverback comes with a hefty price, however. It will cost you 12,500 dollars to purchase it. This is worth it considering how powerful the vulcan cannons are though.
Note that only one silverback can be used at a time (unless Gears of War 3 has new dlc or an update).
Tips for using the silverback in Gears of War 3 Horde Mode
- The silverback is very powerful, but can get damaged very easily, and it costs a lot to repair. Try to keep the damage minimal.
- Watch out for tickers! These will easily destroy the silverback quickly. Make sure you shoot enemy tickers before they get to you or have your team mates cover you.
- If locust/lambent soldiers get close, you can stomp them with the silverback.
- **Watch out for explosions, these will cause massive damage to the silverback. Take out larger enemies like boomers as quickly as possible.**
- Make sure you are in a good position when using the silverback. It's far too risky to be out in the open all the time when it can be blown up.
- Upgrade the silverback so it costs less to repair it! This will help a lot!
- Use the run feature with the silverback if your taking fire and need to find cover. Note that this takes up energy levels
- While the silverback has infinite ammo, it can over heat. Watch the bar at the top.
Remember that other players can give you money in Gears of War 3 horde mode. If you don't have the money to buy the silverback, ask other players to give you some.
More by this Author
Dawnguard is new downloadable content available for Elder Scrolls Skyrim. It was released at the end of June 2012 for the Xbox 360 console. The Dawnguard DLC will eventually be released for PS3 and PC owners, however,...
Before you can finally face Miraak in the Elder Scrolls Skyrim Dragonborn Quests, you need to solve a book puzzle on the "At the Summit of Apocrypha" Quest. When you read the Waking Dreams book you will be...
Over and under shotguns are quite common for clay bird shooting Clay pigeon shooting is quite a fun recreational activity to do with shotguns.For some it may come easy, for others not so easy. It it all depends on the...