Hottest Gift Ideas for Babies/Toddlers: LeapFrog My Pal Review
Gift Guide Rating
LeapFrog My Pal
I know that the LeapFrog My Pal is not by any means a new toy. However, as a parent, I've learned that just because a toy is new, means that it's a toy that will get the most play. My daughter has a huge collection of toys in her toy box.....both the one inside, as well as outside, and in the garage, and in the shed.....you get the idea. Unfortunately, not all the toys we have purchased for her have made us feel that we really got our money's worth.
For this reason, I feel the need to again, share about the LeapFrog My Pal. We purchased this for my daughter when she was a couple of months old. When I bought it, the biggest reason we bought it was because I was looking for a some kind of toy that would help her to sleep. There are a lot of toys out there I'm sure that serve that purpose, but I was frustrated because they were either too loud, didn't have the types of sound I wanted, they would last too long, or most frustratingly wouldn't last long enough. Nothing was more frustrating than my baby on the verge of sleep.......eyes closing, and finally was drifting off to sleep, and the music stops playing.
I've seen the ones that have a remote, but really.....I have a hard enough time keeping up with the TV remote, who needs another to dig in the couch for.
- The My Pal requires 3 AA batteries (encased inside the stuffed toy in a box)
- Weighs 1.65 lb
- 9.50 x 6.70 x 10.50
- Comes in either purple or green
LeapFrog My Pal Features
The LeapFrog My Pal is geared for children 6 months to 3 years. We purchased this for my daughter when she was a few months old, and she is now 25 months old and this is still one of her favorite and most played with toys.
There are 2 versions, the purple LeapFrog My Pal which is named Violet, and the green My Pal which is named Scout. These are totally customizable and can be programmed to say the child's name, favorite food, favorite color and favorite animal.
The My Pal comes with 5 songs already programmed into them, however, with the included software and usb cord, you simply plug it into a computer and switch the songs as you wish. They have over 30 choices in tunes included the Happy Birthday song and Christmas music.
There are 2 types of music play on this, one for awake play and sing a long, and my FAVE, music for going to sleep. Each of the 4 paws has a different function
- Red: On and Off
- Green: This paw plays the day time music which is fun and upbeat.
- Pink: This is the one my daughter loves because this one plays the music that incorporates her name, favorite color, food, and animal. It even has a song to spell her name out. If your child's name is not in the preset names, you can enter it into the program by typing the name in, and the toy then learns her name. Kynlea's name was not in the presets, so that's what we had to do and it was perfect. She gets a kick out of her My Pal every time it says "I Love You Kynlea" or "I'm Getting Sleepy. Will You Read to Me?"
- Blue: This button plays the night time music that is meant to help the child calm down and soothe them as they're laying down at night. When you push the blue sleep button, the My Pal will yawn and say "Snuggle up Kynlea", it's so cute. My FAVORITE thing about the sleep button is the timing element. If you push this button once, it plays the music for 2 minutes, 2 times plays it for 5 minutes, and 3 times plays it for 10 minutes.
LeapFrog My Pal only $15 at Amazon
More by this Author
DIY Homemade Halloween Costumes are nothing new. Many times the reason behind making your own homemade halloween costume is because they can be so expensive to purchase in a store or online. I have 4 kiddos, and that...
If you're looking for a great ride-on toy for your child I would recommend the Disney Princess Toyota FJ Cruiser 12 Volt Ride On. It is a little pricey, but once you get it home you will understand why sometimes it is...
Not happy with any of the average everyday toddler beds you see? Here are 10 great ideas on how to make your own DIY Toddler Beds.