GodFinger wonders (powers) - iPhone/iPad game tips & tricks
GodFinger is an addictive mobile game available for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. You manage your own world of followers, who do your bidding. You can manipulate the planet's terrain, make it dry and desertlike or lush and green, and create buildings and resting areas for your followers.
This Hub will describe all the powers (called wonders in the game) that you have available to you.
- Rain (1 Mana) - Press down on a white cloud for a couple of seconds, and you'll see a little visible shockwave or pulse appear. Immediately swipe down towards the planet and it will rain for about 10 seconds. This will make the ground greener, start growing trees and other plants, and will help farms grow. You'll know when followers want rain when a thought bubble appears above them with little dashed lines (rain) in them. You can start rain at Level 1.
- Sunshine (1 Mana) - With a beatific sound like the first couple seconds of The Simpsons theme, the sunlight wonder is activated in the same way as rain is with a cloud. You push down on the sun, wait a second or two, and then swipe down. Sunlight will make flowers grow, it will power most of the buildings you'll eventually build on your planet, and it will dry up bodies of water that you create. Followers will express their need for sunshine by a thought bubble with a sun in it. You can start sunshine at Level 4.
- Lightning (1 Mana) - Dark clouds can emit lightning in the exact same manner as white clouds can emit rain, and the sun can emit sunshine. You can use lightning to kill skeletons/zombies, to destroy rocks (you'll need that to unearth some treasure), and to power some stone houses. Lightning will usually scare your followers and send them running, but they can be dragged back after a second or two. Lightning can kill followers so be careful! You can start lightning at Level 6.
- Terraform (1 Mana) - Terraform will allow you to sculpt the landscape of your planet. Just hold down at a certain place below the planet's surface, wait until you see a spark, and then either flick up (to create a hill/mountain) or down (to create a depression or pit). You can start terraform at Level 7.
- Move Buildings (0 Mana) - You can push down on a building and relocate it. Unlike other wonders, this does not use up Mana. You can start moving buildings at Level 8.
- Flood (2 Mana) - Hold down a white cloud for two pulses instead of one, and you'll start a flood instead of rain. You can use floods to create ponds and rivers which your followers can fish at (to recuperate and regain strength after working). Don't worry - you can not drown followers. To dry up a body of water created by a flood, just use the Sunshine wonder. You can start floods at Level 10.
- Super-Terraform (2 Mana) - This is a more powerful version of Terraform, and requires two pulses (and 2 Mana) to enable much more extensive reshaping of the planet's surface. You can start Super-Terraform at Level 14.
- Firestorm (2 Mana) - Holding down the sun for 2 pulses creates a huge firestorm which you can use to burn up monsters (skeletons, zombies, etc.), old trees, and, yes, followers, so be careful! You can start firestorm at Level 16.
- Electrostorm (2 Mana) - An electrical storm can be created by holding down the dark cloud for 2 pulses. It will power up your stone houses nicely, and shock/kill monsters and followers alike (beware!). You can start electrostorm at Level 20.
All of these wonders will get upgraded at various levels, becoming more powerful and longer-lasting.
More by this Author
Have bloating or gas in the afternoon or evening? Here's how to diagnose the source of the problem; the culprit is usually something you ate for breakfast or lunch.
The mouth is one of the fastest places in the body to heal, Uf you've bitten your tongue, lip, or inner cheek, here's what to do to get your mouth feeling better—fast.
Updated for 2017: Price per square foot for 20 prefab (modular) home companies' products, including Blu Homes, Proto Homes, ideabox (Ikea), weeHouses, and many others.