Grand Theft Auto V Walkthrough: Blitz Play
Character: Michael, Franklin, or Trevor
Location: El Burro Heights
Unlocked After: Blitz Play, and all of the associated missions attached to it
The Blitz Play is ready. The players are set. Now all that remains is... carrying out the heist. Will it go over as planned? Or will Michael, Franklin, and Trevor meet a gruesome end at last? Mmmmm... not likely the latter, though you never know when you're confronting a massive number of armed police officers. Just another day at the office.
- Head to El Burro heights after securing a garbage truck, a tow truck, three masks, three boiler suits, and a getaway car.
- Watch the cut scene.
- Jump to Michael. Hop in the garbage truck.
- Drive out to Cyprus Flats. Avoid trouble on the way where possible.
- Watch the cut scene, then jump back to Michael. Drive the truck up to the waypoint and turn it so it's on a diagonal, blocking all sides of the intersection.
- Ram the security truck as Franklin.
- Get out of the tow truck once the security truck is down and plant a Stick Bomb on the rear doors. Move back and blow them open.
Time for a good-old-fashioned shootout. You have access to all three characters, and each can provide something helpful to the team.
- Franklin can cover both the front and the rear. Get him behind a concrete barrier and use him to clear the cops who appear at the front. If you have Grenades, use them to wipe out the cars. Once guys appear at the back, switch to the rear barrier and let Franklin wipe out the security guys who try to flank you.
- Michael's good cover for the front of the building, though he doesn't have much protection. Switch to him when Franklin's at the rear and the cops are building up in force out front.
- Trevor's something of a wild card. He's got a high position, and is great for both sniping and rockets. You won't need to switch to him too often, though he will have to take out three snipers on the opposite roof. Two are on the first tier of the roof, the third is on the second. These guys have to be wiped out for the mission to proceed. (If you can't see one of them, switch to another crew member. This should bring the guy out of hiding.) Late in the game he'll have to use a rocket on a helicopter; wait until it's stationary before taking the shot. Otherwise, aim ahead of the chopper's path to reliably hit it.
- Once you're given the go-ahead, switch to Franklin and run for the garbage truck. Drive to the getaway location.
- Once there, throw a Sticky Bomb on the garbage truck and blow it up. Then get in the getaway car.
- Leave the trash truck behind.
- Once the game switches to Michael, ride to the next waypoint.
Gold Medal Completion
Hawk Down - Shoot down the helicopter as Trevor. Aim carefully and you'll do fine. The helicopter is horribly strong, so shooting it down should not be an option.
Headshots - Kill 12 enemies with headshots. There are so many opportunities here that you'll scarcely know where to start.
Accuracy - Finish with an accuracy of at least 60%. This isn't so bad if auto aim does the steering and you the shooting.
Switcher - Switch characters ten times. You'll probably do this without prompting; if you find yourself sticking with one guy, well, don't. Switching to aim at different targets is swifter anyway.
More by this Author
Barry's on a rampage, and this time his pro-narcotics agenda is pointed right at Franklin. Will our anti-hero manage to stave off corruption in this Grand Theft Auto V mission? Or is it way too late?
He may buy into some odd scams at times, but Michael's no sucker. So why's he in knee-deep with an obvious scam cult? Find out in this Grand Theft Auto V walkthrough.
A Dark Room is a long, complex browser-based game with a ton of waiting involved. Help minimize your already minimalistic journey with this walkthrough.
No comments yet.