Grand Theft Auto V Walkthrough: Chop
Location: Chamberlain Hills, Franklin's house
Unlocked After: Complications
Lamar's back to his wacky gangster antics. He's planning to kidnap and ransom off a thug to the Feds, and he wants Franklin's help in securing the target. He's also got his unruly dog Chop along for the ride. Well, at least Chop can be of some help...
- Make your way to Franklin's house and watch the cut scene.
- Follow Lamar and his dog, Chop, to his van. Climb in.
- Drive the van to the waypoint in Downtown Vinewood. Park in the alley.
- Here you'll watch a brief cut scene. Once it's done, your target will take off on… sigh… another stupid motorcycle. Climb back in the van (don't forget Lamar) and give chase.
- Pursuing this guy is not as tough as it sounds, since you don't really have to catch him. All you need to do is tail him until he gets into an accident and crashes. Use Franklin's special ability to take steep turns and try not to get into any hairy collisions along the way. As long as you keep on the motorcycle's tail, you'll be fine. Don't try to shoot the guy! You need him alive!
- Once the guy's off his motorcycle you'll have to follow him through the nearby train yards on foot. Seeing him up ahead is difficult; following Chop's progress, though, is actually rather easy. Keep after the dog as he tails the thug and follow the tutorial prompts as required, particularly when it comes to sliding across the hood of the car. This area is easier to complete if Franklin has boosted his Stamina by at least one notch, and if he hasn't, he might just during the pursuit.
- Eventually you'll lose the mark. Enter Chop. If you use the character select screen you can now watch Chop do his thing independently of Franklin. He'll eventually track down the guy in the train car furthest from where you start…
- … though, ah, you'll have to put up with some naughty behavior first. Though the game insists that you have to whistle for Chop to get back on the hunt, you have to go over and physically stop him. You'll know what I mean when you get there.
- Hop in the van and start driving towards Lamar's house. Eventually he'll make a rather poor move, and you'll have to drop the target out on the side of the street. Slow down and he'll get out on his own.
As you progress through the mission you'll receive a number of prompts regarding Chop, and how you can train him to be better-behaved. Lamar will take Chop with him when he departs, but don't worry - you'll get your chance to use Chop more extensively in later missions.
Gold Medal Completion
Not a Scratch - Complete the mission with minimal damage to Lamar's van. This isn't as tricky as it sounds, so long as you bear in mind that you do not have to catch the motorcycle. Drive safe and speedy. Bear in mind, too, that you aren't meant to try and pursue the guy down the narrow alley near the end of the first van run. Go around the side of the building.
Homedog - Enter Chop's perspective for ten seconds. Piece of cake.
Advanced Reflexes - Use Franklin's special ability for seven seconds. Again, a piece of cake, as there are plenty of wide turns that could very much benefit from a bit of slo-mo action.
More by this Author
This is it. Chase McCain is not only in space, he's headed to the moon. Forrest Blackwell has his own little private utopia set up there, and he probably thinks he's safe from justice. Prove him wrong, Chase!
It may be the first place you really get to explore in LEGO City, but Cherry Tree Hills, like most sections of the city, can't be fully explored until you beat the game. There are a lot of little things to pick up here...
A Dark Room is a long, complex browser-based game with a ton of waiting involved. Help minimize your already minimalistic journey with this walkthrough.
No comments yet.