Grand Theft Auto V Walkthrough: Dead Man Walking
Location: Vinewood Hills, Federal Investigation Bureau
Unlocked After: Fame or Shame
FIB agent Dave is in a pickle. The police force may have a rather incriminating witness in their custody, and they may also have lied about his death. Dave needs to know for sure… and since he's got Michael on the hook for some past indiscretions, well, it's just a match made in heaven. Hopefully you can act dead, Mike.
- Head to the FIB building on the edge of Los Santos.
- Check the rear of the building, on a balcony overlooking the city. Watch the cut scene.
- You'll wake up… elsewhere. Ouch.
- Watch the two morticians talking about Michael. Their banter is funny, but don't take too long to wake up. If you let the conversation run its course you'll get game over. Double ouch.
- After the cut scene ends, stalk up behind the guard with the gun and knock him out. Steal his gun.
- Check the room across from the one you were in. The second body in the room has what you're looking for.
- Take cover and peg the guy who appears in the hall.
- Move down the hall two turns and take cover again. Two more guys will fire your way. Fire back and take them out.
- Stay where you are. A slew of fresh enemies will begin siphoning down the hall and into the adjacent room. Your best place to wipe them out is right where you are, as you force them into a bottleneck of sorts. Michael's ability is great here, though don't spend too much time out of cover, slo-mo or no.
- Head towards the checkpoint. Be careful of the elevators - a guy with a shotgun will pop out and try to attack. Wipe him out before he can.
- Head upstairs to the top floor. A few gunmen will come at you along the way; use the stairs to your advantage, as they generally won't attack until they have a clear line of fire. Your new Shotgun will shoot right through the guardrails.
- If you really want your weapons back, you'll find them in a garbage bag in the central room on the top floor. You'll have to fight off several guards to get them, though there's plenty of cover. Once you've retrieved your stuff (or if you don't care), run for the window, bust it open, and jump outside.
- Get in a nearby car and flee from the cops. You're probably quite practiced at this by now, but the three-star response will make your escape a little tough. Use the nearby straightaways to speed ahead of the competition, then ditch your car in get in a new one. Alternatively, you can get on the train tracks and ride them until you either find a tunnel or find a station to hide out in for a while. Your choice.
- Meet Franklin by the oil derricks in El Burro Heights.
Gold Medal Completion
Accuracy - Finish with a shooting accuracy of at least 70%. There are a lot of straight halls and good chances for easy shots. Auto aim and Michael's special ability should make this goal even easier.
Headshots - Kill fourteen enemies with headshots. Again, Michael's special ability makes this a walk in the park to achieve.
Time - Complete within 9:30. Don't waste time sneaking around. Plow through the competition and get to the top of the building ASAP.
Focused Killer - Kill four enemies using Michael's special ability. Well, if you've been following my previous advice…
Unmarked - Complete the mission with a minimum of damage. This one's a bit tougher. Don't come out of cover until you're sure the area's secure - or at least unless you know there's more cover further up the way. The last floor is where you'll run into the most trouble, as is getting away from the cops in the parking lot. Don't stay in the open any longer than necessary.
More by this Author
Chase is in with Vinnie Pappalardo's gang, and the crime boss immediately has a new job for Chase: use the Color Gun he just boosted off of a truck to rob the LEGO City Bank of the Bell Pepper Emerald. Sounds...
Part 13 of Lego City Undercover.
The browser-based classic has a sequel! Check out this Candy Box 2 walkthrough for all the details on besting this cool text-based experience!