Grand Theft Auto V Walkthrough: Derailed
Character: Trevor, Michael
Location: Trevor's trailer, Sandy Shores
Unlocked After: The Paleto Score
Trevor has a knack for crime, but setting up heists that pay off... not so much. But the guy dreams big, and this time, operating purely on the spur of the moment, he decides to rob a train. He could easily get killed in the process, but if the score is worth the risk, well, Trevor's all over it. Hopefully you've polished up on your biking skills...!
- Head to Trevor's trailer as Michael or Trevor.
- Watch the cut scene. Afterward, hop on the dirt bike.
- Ride out to the train tracks. Go up the dirt path at the side of the tracks.
- Jump onto the train cars on the bike. Tricky, but not as difficult as it looks. As soon as you're across the bridge, veer right and get up onto the bluffs. Use these to fly onto the train and land safely. If you miss, don't worry - just lag behind the train and want for another natural ramp. You have plenty of chances to make the jump.
- Ride along the top of the train. No sudden moves, now - keep your turns very, very light. Aim to keep Trevor as close to the middle of the cars as you can. Make your way to the engine.
- Hit full steam on the engine once you're inside. Basic.
- Jump to Michael. Zip your boat to the bridge in the distance, no delays. Your target isn't the bridge you can see, but the one beyond.
- Watch the ridiculous cut scene. Once it's done, drive the boat over beside the orange container that's sticking out of the water and throw a Sticky Bomb onto the doors. Blow it open.
- Over to Trevor. Pull out a solid automatic and prepare for company, as Merryweather guys are about to show up. Either blow up or straightforward shoot the guys on the boats, then use Trevor's special ability to wipe out the two choppers that show up.
- Michael will start complaining about snipers. Pull out your Sniper Rifle and flick on infrared to target the three guys on the train tracks and the bluffs above. Once they're gone, wipe out the third helicopter that wanders in. It will drop off two more guys with parachutes; go back to sniping to kill them.
- Once the guys are gone, Michael will pull over in the dinghy. Hop in.
- Dual-action time. Either you can steer as Michael or shoot as Trevor. Trevor's the preferable choice, as the rapids are quite difficult to navigate without beaching your craft. That said, it's also rather difficult to aim properly on the rapids. Choose according to your strengths - just make sure you take out the chopper that starts following you near the end.
- Sail out to the beach. Once there, approach the getaway vehicles.
Gold Medal Completion
Time - Complete the mission in 11:30. This can be tricky if you're not careful with the bike. It's also quite difficult if you wind up shooting on the boat with low health, as you're bound to take some damage on the first few turns. Stay low when fighting the Merryweather guys previously and keep Trevor's health nice and high.
Fastest Speed - Reach to speed on the dirt bike. Should be easy.
Better than CJ - Land on the train using the first jump. Difficult, but with some practice it's far from impossible.
More by this Author
Trevor's a busy dude, but he always has time to wreak havoc in suburbia. This Grand Theft Auto V walkthrough covers the locations of the signs he has to destroy in Vinewood.
It may be the first place you really get to explore in LEGO City, but Cherry Tree Hills, like most sections of the city, can't be fully explored until you beat the game. There are a lot of little things to pick up here...
In this section of The Sims 4 walkthrough we look at space exploration, a pricey - but worthwhile - enterprise for sims who love the stars. Aliens, here we come!
No comments yet.