Grand Theft Auto V Walkthrough: Fame or Shame
Location: Rockford Hills, Michael's house
Unlocked After: Friends Reunited
(Note: Though this a Michael mission, you can trigger it as Trevor by visiting Michael's house.)
After ten years and a lot of heartache and pain, the two best friends are finally reunited. Is the reunion a happy one? Err… well, given that it's Trevor and Michael, you wouldn't think so. They have something to bring them back together, though, and that thing is preserving the purity of Michael's lovely, impressionable, somewhat stupid daughter. Well, whatever works...
- Head to Michael's house. Watch the incredibly awkward cut scene that follows.
- Hop into Michael's car and drive to the Maze Bank Arena. Listen in awe as two old friends bond. (And Trevor tells Michael off for not doing right by his family. Now that's surreal.)
- Park out front of the arena and hop out of the car. Follow Trevor inside.
- Watch the cut scene. Love it. Embrace it.
- Swap to Trevor. Follow Michael as he chases after Lazlow, the host of the show.
- Hop in the transport truck outside of the arena.
Chase time. Try what you might, you can't really catch Lazlow - you just have to keep up with him until his car runs out of gas and gives up. Here are some tips for maneuvering the truck.
- Gun the truck on straightaways and hold off the gas on corners. Brakes don't help that much when you're trying to corner.
- Even though your truck can demolish anything, hitting other obstacles will still slow you down. Try your best to avoid hitting other cars and lampposts.
- Getting out of the parking lot in the first place can prove surprisingly hairy. Take the truck out slow. Once you're on the road you can really start to speed up and get on Lazlow's tail.
- Partway through Lazlow will get onto the train tracks. It's easier to drive onto the tracks yourself when you first see them rather than trying to follow him.
- Not long after the tracks you'll wind up going through a short tunnel. Given the truck's height, it can be difficult to see your way through. Changing views to a first-person camera angle may be in order.
- Take the dive down into the culvert head-on, keeping the truck and trailer as straight as you can manage. The more you curve while airborne, the more likely it is that you'll lose your trailer... or flip the truck altogether.
Gold Medal Completion
Fastest Speed - Reach top speed in the truck. Use the first straightaway to get the truck up to maximum speed. Stick to the right side of the road to avoid collisions. Any slowdown will ruin your chances.
Bearing Down - Stay close to Lazlow during the chase. Easily the toughest achievement. You can't hit anything during the chase, and you can't let Lazlow get too far ahead of you. Cornering will be your biggest enemy, so practice the run a few times with only steering in mind, not getting the other achievements.
No, I Can Park Here - Knock out the event coordinator. Self-explanatory. (Doesn't Trevor do that anyway?)
All Hooked Up - Don't unhook the trailer. Avoid collisions and the trailer will stay right where it is.
More by this Author
Throughout LEGO City Undercover, Chase McCain will acquire a host of new outfits and powers to wrestle against the criminals of LEGO City. These are undeniably helpful - and they can be made more helpful with the aid of...
Trevor's a busy dude, but he always has time to wreak havoc in suburbia. This Grand Theft Auto V walkthrough covers the locations of the signs he has to destroy in Vinewood.
The browser-based classic has a sequel! Check out this Candy Box 2 walkthrough for all the details on besting this cool text-based experience!