Grand Theft Auto V Walkthrough: Hood Safari
Location: Strawberry, Franklin's house
Unlocked After: Three's Company
(Note: Though this is a Franklin mission, Trevor can trigger it by visiting Franklin's house.)
Franklin and Trevor, Trevor and Franklin. They're both main characters, but they've spent so little time together. How will these two drastically different men bond? Why not get them into a street fight over a drug deal gone bad? Yep, that sounds like a good starting point.
- Head to Franklin's house. Enjoy a socially-painful cut scene.
- Jump into Lamar's van and drive it to Grove St.
- Follow Lamar and Trevor up to the house. Watch the cut scene.
- Get ready to fight. Take cover with Lamar and Trevor as the street lights up with gunfire.
This part is rather difficult. You need to move your way up the street, killing progressively more powerful gangs of thugs, while essentially protecting two characters. If either Franklin or Trevor dies, the mission ends in failure. Here are some tips for getting the job done.
- Play through the shootout as Franklin. I found that Trevor's AI was better at taking care of itself than Franklin's. He'll also use his special ability on occasion, which allows him to plow through lots of enemies. Only switch if you're really pinned down and need a moment to come out of cover.
- Stay under cover the vast majority of the time. There are a lot of guns trained on your position, and if you come out for too long you'll be easily killed. Only run to new cover when there's a temporary lapse in the incoming enemies.
- If you have any explosives, use them to wipe out enemy cars that pull up. This will kill foes and deprive the survivors of cover.
- Watch your radar carefully. It's not uncommon to forget someone and then get hit in a pincer movement.
Eventually the police will show up. Use something surprising to put them on the defensive (I love the Grenade Launcher) and run to the left with the other guys. You'll find three jet skis, and after some surfing and shooting you'll split off and have to escape solo. The water isn't a terrible place to escape pursuit, but ultimately you should return to land, find a car, and find somewhere less conspicuous to hide until the cops give up.
Gold Medal Completion
Time - Complete within 7:00. Plowing through the gunfire isn't the problem here, it's getting away from the cops in a timely fashion. If you're quick you can gun your jetski out to the docks and briefly lose the cops, which will give you enough time to hide in one of the sheltered piers and, hopefully, lose your wanted status.
Accuracy - Finish with a shooting accuracy of at least 70%. Auto aim all the way.
Headshots - Kill at least 12 enemies with headshots. You have many opportunities to get this done, and the bad guys don't have a ton of cover. Stay behind the other two guys on your team and pick off anybody who comes out of cover to fire on them.
More by this Author
It may be the first place you really get to explore in LEGO City, but Cherry Tree Hills, like most sections of the city, can't be fully explored until you beat the game. There are a lot of little things to pick up here...
Barry's on a rampage, and this time his pro-narcotics agenda is pointed right at Franklin. Will our anti-hero manage to stave off corruption in this Grand Theft Auto V mission? Or is it way too late?
In this section of The Sims 4 walkthrough we look at space exploration, a pricey - but worthwhile - enterprise for sims who love the stars. Aliens, here we come!
No comments yet.