Grand Theft Auto V Walkthrough: Marriage Counseling
Location: Rockford Hills, Michael's House
Unlocked After: Father/Son
(Note: Though this is a Michael quest, Franklin can also trigger it by visiting Michael's home. Michael will thereafter be the lead character in the mission.)
Remember that rather awkward moment earlier in the game where Franklin noticed Michael's wife getting unusually snuggly with her tennis instructor? Well, yes, the predictable came to light, and now Michael's furious. He wants revenge after catching the two in bed, and he's taking Franklin along for the ride as he chases down the instructor. Sounds like fun!
- Proceed to Michael's house and approach the front door to trigger the cut scene that sparks the mission.
- Run for the truck when the cut scene ends and start driving.
- Follow the tennis instructor into the hills. Be careful - the streets get very narrow up here, and you're relying on Michael, not Franklin, to drive the truck. Eventually you'll hit an RV and lose the scent either way.
- Keep following the waypoint into the Canyon. It'll eventually lead you to the instructor's house. Mind that you have to stop the truck on the waypoint, and not just get out when you reach the house.
- Funny cut scene will ensue. Once it's done, get back in the truck and gun the motor until you get another cut scene.
- Once all is done, head back towards Michael's house. You'll trigger a phone call…
- … and shortly thereafter, you'll be pursued by some ill-tempered thugs in cars, all of them itching to put bullets in the truck. Ouch.
- Once you get the opportunity, immediately switch from Michael to Franklin. Michael will auto-drive for the rest of the shot out while you control Franklin's gun hand. He's not the greatest shot, but using Franklin you can hit the guys following behind you without having to worry about steering. Aim for the windows, or, if you're a good shot, the wheels. Don't let these guys get too close or they'll both ram and shoot your car, and Michael's AI isn't good enough at driving to get away.
- Make your way back to Michael's house. Enjoy the brutal cut scene.
Gold Medal Completion
Not a Scratch - Complete with minimal damage to the truck. I'm not positive, but I think this applies before the gun fight, not after. My truck was trashed and I got it on the first try. Nevertheless, you should try to keep your vehicle in good condition by letting the AI do the driving while you shoot.
Time - Complete within 5:30. You'll really have to rush to get this one, which can be tough in the truck. Get rid of the competition tailing you as quickly as you can manage.
Drive-by Killer - Kill at least three enemies while in the vehicle. This makes switching to the gun as early as possible all the more important. Shoot for the passenger first, driver second. If you kill the driver first the car will spin out and you'll lose a target.
More by this Author
Trevor's a busy dude, but he always has time to wreak havoc in suburbia. This Grand Theft Auto V walkthrough covers the locations of the signs he has to destroy in Vinewood.
It may be the first place you really get to explore in LEGO City, but Cherry Tree Hills, like most sections of the city, can't be fully explored until you beat the game. There are a lot of little things to pick up here...
A Dark Room is a long, complex browser-based game with a ton of waiting involved. Help minimize your already minimalistic journey with this walkthrough.
No comments yet.