Grand Theft Auto V Walkthrough: Meltdown
Location: Rockford Hills
Unlocked After: Lamar Down
Movie niiiiight! Michael's been waiting for a long time to be recognized on the red carpet, and he's about to get his moment in the spotlight when his film Meltdown finally hits the big screen. Michael doesn't even care that it's probably an awful movie - he just wants the rush associated with seeing his name in the credits. Problem is, not everyone is quite as happy about his success… and when Devin makes a phone call, Michael's night is immediately ruined. Ouch.
- Head to the Ponsonbys in Rockford Hills.
- Head to the front door. You'll get a text from Jimmy about buying a nice tux. You'll find the Tuxedo there for $10,000.
- Hop into the limo with Jimmy. Enjoy Jimmy's ranting on the way to the Meltdown premiere.
- Hop out and walk down the red carpet.
- Watch the cut scene. After it's done, run back to the limo (or the next nearest car - probably a better choice to take a different car) and head home. You only have two minutes to take the trip, so move quickly.
- Pull out a gun. Once inside the timer will stop… but you'll see Amanda being accosted on the stairs by some thug. Use Michael's special ability to go slow mo and target the guy's head. Shoot carefully - one wrong bullet can kill Amanda.
- Run upstairs. Tracey will be similarly under attack. This guy's better covered, so go slow mo again and aim for his side rather than his head. One bullet will do.
- Run downstairs, gun drawn and wipe out the guy on the stairs. Two guys will come in through the front, masking their presence with a smoke grenade. Shoot through the smoke to take 'em out. Be ready for a third guy to come through from the living room.
- Take cover and head for the kitchen. More guys in here; find good cover in the hall and wipe 'em out.
- Do the same to the guys in the back yard. Make your way towards the front via the carport.
- Once you head through the car port a jeep will pull up. Either take the guys out normally or heave an explosive their direction. You'll wipe out their jeep, Tracey's car, and most of the guys.
- Head to the front of the house. Two more guys to kill.
- After they're gone, go upstairs. Watch the cut scene. Oh Jimmy.
Gold Medal Completion
Time - Complete the mission within 6:30. This is fairly easy so long as you skip cut scenes and move fast. The guys in the house can easily be wiped out with Grenades to save on time.
Pedal to the Metal - Reach top speed in the vehicle you use to return to the house. It's tough to do this in the limo. Find an alternative vehicle and use the hills in Rockford to blast back home.
Tier One Operator - Kill twelve enemies with headshots. Tougher than it seems, as there aren't an unlimited number of guys in this mission. Virtually every shot you take should, ideally, be a headshot. Let Michael's special ability do the work.
Headshot Rescue - Save Amanda and Tracey with a headshot. As far as I can tell, you only have to save one of them with a headshot. I shot Tracey's guy in the side after headshotting Amanda's attacker and I still got the achievement.
More by this Author
All good stories have to start somewhere, and for Chase McCain it's in Auburn. This small section of LEGO City is deceptive, as there's a ton to find and do, much more than the time spent here would suggest. This...
Throughout LEGO City Undercover, Chase McCain will acquire a host of new outfits and powers to wrestle against the criminals of LEGO City. These are undeniably helpful - and they can be made more helpful with the aid of...
The browser-based classic has a sequel! Check out this Candy Box 2 walkthrough for all the details on besting this cool text-based experience!
No comments yet.