Grand Theft Auto V Walkthrough: Scouting the Port
Location: Vespucci Beach, Floyd's apartment
Unlocked After: Fame or Shame
Trevor doesn't waste time. Days after his arrival in Los Santos he's already scheming to make money, and he's willing to use unwilling host Floyd to get to the good stuff. In this case that means sneaking into a dock loading zone and putting Floyd's job at risk. What a guy.
- Hop in your truck. Drive Trevor, Floyd, and Wade over to Elysian Island.
- Stop at the waypoint in front of the fence. Make sure you stop! The fence won't move until you hit that waypoint, and it takes a few seconds.
- Park the truck on the next waypoint. Follow Floyd through the container yard.
- Hop into the container handler after the supervisor gets snippy.
- Drive the handler to the ThriftEx containers marked in green on the map. It's a big, slow vehicle, but it handles surprisingly well.
- Pull the grapple on the handler up above the container's height, move the handler into place over the container, and bring it down. You don't have to be as exact on the placement as you might think, so long as you're generally over the container.
- Move the containers, one at a time, to the loading spot marked on the map. Lower the grapple to the ground before you release or you'll risk damaging the containers and failing the mission.
- Run to the crane and climb up to the top.
- A supervisor will order you to climb into the crane's cabin and haul some cargo.
- This part's a little tricky at first. Enter the alternate view to get a straight-down camera angle on the crane and the containers. Lower the crane a bit and use the shadow below to position it over one of the two containers. Lower, latch, and pull the container all the way up. Then move the crane to the south and drop the container onto the back of the flatbed truck. Again, you want the container to be as low to the target as you can get it before you release. Repeat this process for the second container.
- Leave the catwalk and hop onto the further arm of the crane. Be careful not to fall.
- Once you reach the waypoint, you'll have to take pictures of the ship. Pull up your camera (accessible via your phone's menu) and get shots of the front of the ship, the guard patrolling the front deck, and the rear of the ship. Send the pictures to Ron.
- Return to ground level. Get into the flatbed truck with Floyd.
- Drive to Elysian Island. Your truck is pretty unwieldy, so take it slow and stay off the gas on the corners. Pull into the warehouse.
- Watch the cut scene. Poor Floyd.
- Run out of the warehouse and look for a getaway vehicle. There will be a few construction trucks nearby; take the one with the best handling that you can find. I prefer the dump truck, myself.
- Drive back to Vespucci Beach and head into Floyd's apartment.
Once the mission is complete you'll run through the details of a new heist. You have two options: two first plan sounds reasonable, while the second sounds straight-up goofy. Which plan you choose is up to you, and has no effect on your current mission.
Gold Medal Completion
Time - Complete the mission within 20:00. Surprisingly difficult, as you have a lot to do and a lot of ground to cover. You may need to practice with the handler and the crane a few times before you can hit this achievement. You may also want to consider stealing a faster car for the final portion of the mission, once you're away from the warehouse. Dump trucks are not speedy beasts.
Employee of the Month - Complete the mission without damaging any containers. Slow, steady, practiced movements. Nothing more than that.
Perfect Surveillance - Take all three of the pictures of the boat as instructed. Pretty simple.
An Honest Day's Work - Complete the mission without causing a disturbance at the docks. Basically, don't raise a ruckus while you're working. You can do that, right? Right? Right.
More by this Author
Stuck with a humdrum Lylat System and don't know where else to go? Star Fox Zero has plenty of game to play - you just need to go searching for much of it.
It may be the first place you really get to explore in LEGO City, but Cherry Tree Hills, like most sections of the city, can't be fully explored until you beat the game. There are a lot of little things to pick up here...
Having through navigating the complexities of Kittens Game? This mighty walkthrough will help you turn your tiny village into a massive, text-based empire.
No comments yet.