Grand Theft Auto V Walkthrough: Surreal Estate
Unlocked After: Closing the Deal, Bury the Hatchet
Trevor's gotten a taste of the good wi… life… and now he wants some more. Josh is willing to supply, too - but only if Trevor can do something else to help him. This something might, er, be burning down the guy's house. Hmmm.
- Head to the hotel in Rancho where you met Josh last time. Head upstairs and enjoy Trevor's reward.
- Watch the cut scene. So… creepy.
- You now have your mission. Head over to Josh's house in Vinewood. You'll get some more instructions on the way.
- Hop the fence when you get there. Make sure your car is nearby and ready to be driven.
- Head to the back of the house. Once you arrive at the BBQ, you'll get a signal to create a gas line. Use your Jerry Can to make it happen, sweeping around to the front of the house.
- Shoot the gasoline. Enjoy the cut scene.
- Now the tricky part. Flee the scene after the explosion and get in the first available car, preferably yours. You have very little time before the cops come for you, and you don't want to waste it. If they do show up, use the steep hills and backyards of Vinewood to lose them in a hurry.
- Wait for a call from Josh once you're out of danger. This will end the mission.
Gold Medal Completion
Out of the Frying Pan - Complete the mission without alerting the cops. So long as you have the car parked right beside the front gate, this shouldn't be an issue - though you really need to boot it out of Vinewood to avoid detection. I advise going downhill, to the south, to pick up some extra speed.
Pyromaniac - Pour the gasoline trail perfectly in one go. Very easy - just make sure you follow the trail marked out on the map without deviating. Trevor moves nice and slowly when he's got the Jerry Can out, so getting this shouldn't be an issue.
The next mission in the sequence is nice and small, sooooo…
Breach of Contract
Location: Vinewood Hills
Unlocked After: Reuniting the Family, Surreal Estate
- Head to the burnt house in Vinewood Hills. Yes, the same place you burned down.
- Watch the quick cut scene. Uh oh.
- Lose the cops. This is pretty easy to do - just flee into the hills, get away from prying eyes, and run into one of the backyards. One Stealth Mode and you should be on easy street.
Gold Medal Completion
Dirty Rat - Kill Josh before escaping. Not that tricky. Pull out a gun, use Trevor's special ability, and mow him down.
Hot Pursuit - Escape in the police cruiser. This is a wise choice, as it's sitting, empty, right behind you.
More by this Author
Any time you're dealing with Chan, you're dealing with Pagoda. There's no way to avoid this LEGO version of China Town - nor should you, as there's much to see and do here. This article will return to Pagoda after you...
It may be the first place you really get to explore in LEGO City, but Cherry Tree Hills, like most sections of the city, can't be fully explored until you beat the game. There are a lot of little things to pick up here...
A Dark Room is a long, complex browser-based game with a ton of waiting involved. Help minimize your already minimalistic journey with this walkthrough.