Grand Theft Auto V Walkthrough: Surveying the Score
Character: Trevor, Franklin, Michael
Location: Strip Club, Strawberry
Unlocked After: Hang Ten
It's time for the big one. Michael, Trevor and Lester all have a dream, and now, at long last, they're going to plan it out. That Gold Depository is going down no matter what. Dream big! Aim big! $200 million big! And who knows - with Franklin's help, they might just pull it off.
- Head to the Strip Club as one of the three characters. You can get to the rear of the club through the Lounge.
- Watch the cut scene. (I love the tail end of it.)
- Hop in the car outside as Michael. Drive over to the Union Depository. Or, as Trevor, drive to the airfield in Sandy Shores.
- Drive around the back of the bank to the waypoint… or, as Trevor, finish the trip to the airstrip.
- Fly to the city as Trevor. Head for Murrieta Heights. Once you're on the waypoint (over the bridge through the area) you'll spot the convoy below. Stay nice and high.
- Follow the two green vans as they meander down the road. Switch the view so you have an overhead shot of your chopper. This is by far the easiest way to keep up. The vans won't be marked on your map, so you need to pay close attention to their route.
- Partway through the trip the vans will go through a tunnel. Keep following the road straight ahead and they'll emerge on the other side. Watch out for tall buildings 'round here - it's easy to lose track when you're trying to follow the trucks.
- Eventually the vans will disappear into the Depository. Once they do, Lester will tell Trevor to look for a hole. Go around the building to the rear parking lot and you'll see just such a hole in the ground.
- Get roughly above the hole, then descend as far down as you can without crashing into the ground. You need to get the chopper hovering above the hole. Once you're in position you'll be prompted to hit a button; do it quickly so Lester can record. Remember to use your rudders (LB/L1 and RB/R1) to perform tight turns that don't rock the chopper too much, or you're certain to crash into the walls of the buildings around you.
- Fly back to the airport. Alternatively, drive Franklin home as Michael. Both have interesting conversations.
Gold Medal Completion
Perfect Distance - Follow the vans without being warned on distance. Stay nice and high and this will be no problem.
Cavity Search - Find the construction hole within twenty seconds. It's very close to the building - pretty much just right behind it.
Under the Bridge - Fly under the bridge while following the vans. Shortly after you first catch the vans you'll see them crossing a bridge over a culvert. Guess what you get to do? This is better played on a secondary run when you better know their route.
Tunnel Flight - Fly through the tunnel while following the vans. Oh boy. While not overly difficult, this one will force you to follow the vans while very close to the city, which makes the distance requirement a bit difficult. Still, getting through the tunnel is not that bad so long as you maintain an even level. Only touch the ascent and descent controls to correct yourself; otherwise, fly through as straight as you can manage.
Time - Complete the mission in 11:00. This is best accomplished by sticking with Michael and Franklin's route whenever you can. Flying in the helicopter takes too long, and Trevor has a long distance to drive, much further than Michael.
More by this Author
It may be the first place you really get to explore in LEGO City, but Cherry Tree Hills, like most sections of the city, can't be fully explored until you beat the game. There are a lot of little things to pick up here...
Barry's on a rampage, and this time his pro-narcotics agenda is pointed right at Franklin. Will our anti-hero manage to stave off corruption in this Grand Theft Auto V mission? Or is it way too late?
The browser-based classic has a sequel! Check out this Candy Box 2 walkthrough for all the details on besting this cool text-based experience!
No comments yet.