Grand Theft Auto V Walkthrough: The Civil Border Patrol
Location: Grand Senora Desert
Unlocked After: Minor Turbulence
Trevor... well, technically, Trevor ain't from around here. He's a Canadian, and danged if he ain't proud of it. So when Trevor comes across a pair of loons who insist that everyone even remotely foreign to the United States should be kicked out, well... how can Trevor turn them down and risk exposing his own ethnicity?
- Head to the Grand Senora Desert. You're looking for a building just off to the side of the road. A pair of guys looking into a vehicle here trigger the mission.
- Watch the cut scene. Oooooh lord. These guys have some serious issues.
- Drive over to the Yellow Inn. You should recognize the place by now.
- Head in throgh the front. Wander around for a bit… aaaaand leave again. There's nothing of use for you here, and you'll just get screamed at. The vehicle's waiting out front.
- Hop back in the van. Undesirables! Pursue and bring them down!
- Chase down the mariachi singers. This part's actually rather tough, as the landscape is extremely bumpy. Keep on their tails as best you can without trashing your ride. It's way too easy to accidentally flip yourself, especially if you gun the engine over jumps, so go easy as you're cresting rises.
- Eventually the mariachi singers will crash, assuming you don't manage to run them down on your own (possibly by landing on their car, a very real possibility in this country). Hop out. Trevor will automatically be equipped with a Stun Gun. Fancy.
- Run up and stun the mariachi singers. They aren't moving too quickly so this will be a piece of cake. (Be careful not to pull out an alternate gun. This sounds like an obvious move, but, well... I did it by accident, and kind of killed the first mariachi singer... whoops.)
- Accompany Joe and the captured singers back to his truck. Watch them drive away.
- Accept $500. Profit!
Gold Medal Completion
Mariachi My Ride - Steal the mariachi player's car after they've been successfully stunned. They take a while to walk back to Joe's truck, so you'll have plenty of time to hop in their car and make it yours. (Not like you have much choice, really. The Border Patrol kinda ditches you.)
Stop the Music - Stop the band within 40 seconds. You'll need to be a good hand on the stick to get this one, for even though their car doesn't go very fast, yours won't either. Stick to the same path as the mariachi band and you'll run across the least number of bumps. Try not to take too many flying leaps from the tops of hills, as well.
More by this Author
It may be the first place you really get to explore in LEGO City, but Cherry Tree Hills, like most sections of the city, can't be fully explored until you beat the game. There are a lot of little things to pick up here...
Chase is in with Vinnie Pappalardo's gang, and the crime boss immediately has a new job for Chase: use the Color Gun he just boosted off of a truck to rob the LEGO City Bank of the Bell Pepper Emerald. Sounds...
The browser-based classic has a sequel! Check out this Candy Box 2 walkthrough for all the details on besting this cool text-based experience!
No comments yet.