Grand Theft Auto V Walkthrough: The Time's Come
Location: Franklin's house
Unlocked After: The Big Score
Michael's been with Franklin from the start. He's been mentor, friend, and, to an extent, father figure. So for Franklin to decide that Michael has to go… well, it might be a sensible thing, even a smart thing, but is it right? Perhaps so. Michael is a proven vicious man, and for Franklin to keep climbing, the student has to surpass the teacher.
Note: Do NOT play this mission first when you get the chance, assuming you want to continue playing as all three characters in the post-game content. If you do, you will - as far as I know - forever lose the ability to play as Michael. Choose 'Deathwish' first, then play this mission as a Replay. You've been warned!
- Head to Franklin's house. The waypoint is inside, a little ways to your right.
- You'll now have a choice as to your path through the next mission. Choose 'Kill Michael' to get this mission. (Preferably, though, you'll get this mission via the Replay menu.)
- Call up Michael. He'll want to meet Franklin out at Ron Alternates Wind Farm.
- Hop on your vehicle of choice and head out. I suggest a motorcycle for increased maneuverability, but it's up to you. You won't need it for long either way.
- Watch the cut scene. Paaaaainful.
Yep, time to chase down Michael. He's a wily guy, and won't go down without a fight. Here are some tips for keeping up with the man so Franklin can bring him down in the end.
- This race starts out by vehicle. Chase Michael as he flees across some hilly terrain. The key here is to watch your driving more than watching Michael. It's not as bad as being around a ton of cars, but there are a lot of small things which can halt your progress. This is especially true after you get off the train track. Use Franklin's special ability as needed. Watch out for the concrete barriers as you reach Michael's car - it's way too easy to smash into them and send Franklin careening to an early death.
- Don't bother trying to shoot out Michael's tires. You can't ding his car, and if you try you'll probably just crash into something, even if you are going slower than usual.
- Hop out and pursue him up the scaffolding. He'll fire at you, but for the most part you can just follow Michael without worries.
- This area seems a bit like a maze, but the general rule here is to go up, up, up. If you see a set of stairs leading upward, take it. You're headed for a smokestack with white and red rings. When in doubt, follow Michael's red dot on the map to find your way. You can also watch his gunshots for signs of where he is. You won't be able to catch up to him until the end, so don't worry about that too much.
- You also shouldn't bother firing at him. You won't get the chance to do any damage until the grand finale. Save your bullets for another time.
- Eventually you'll get a prompt to do the deed. Regardless of which route you go, this mission's over.
Gold Medal Completion
Surpassed the Mentor - Kill Michael. Yeeeeep, that's what the mission is all about.
More by this Author
Every city worth its salt has to have a Downtown, and LEGO City's Downtown is every inch a metropolitan wonderland. Overlooking the prestigious Albatross Island and home to one of Chase McCain's best pieces of police...
It may be the first place you really get to explore in LEGO City, but Cherry Tree Hills, like most sections of the city, can't be fully explored until you beat the game. There are a lot of little things to pick up here...
A Dark Room is a long, complex browser-based game with a ton of waiting involved. Help minimize your already minimalistic journey with this walkthrough.
No comments yet.