Pyramid Solitaire Saga Tips and Tricks
Pyramid Solitaire Saga gives the age-old Solitaire a classic Egyptian look. With the trademark “Saga” title, ‘King Online Games’ has developed another Facebook blockbuster that promises to be more fun than PopCap’s Solitaire Blitz. Players have to match playing cards, catch scarabs hidden behind golden cards and collect gems to unlock unique power-ups.
The entire game design is neat. Everything from the pyramid backdrop to papyrus playing cards and golden scarabs will remind you of ancient Egypt. The game presentation is very similar to other Saga games. Players have to progress through levels by scoring points and completing tasks.
Pyramid Solitaire’s social element allows gamers to send lives, compare scores and solve challenging levels. After a certain point in the game, players will have to add more friends or pay cash to advance further. While this can be a turn-off, it surely gives you a chance to be more social. After all, the game’s launched on Facebook, so you should expect some challenging social elements that make gameplay more immersive and engaging.
Guide to Key Aspects of the Game
Pyramid Solitaire’s game mechanics is very similar to other Solitaire games. However, the goal is tad easier. You just have to match a card that’s either one rank lower or higher than the faced up card on the deck down below.
Aimed at the casual gaming crowd, the game also provides an interesting mini-game - crushing golden scarabs in the middle of the game. Clicking on scuttling scarabs earns you rare gems, which can help you unlock power-ups and boosters. While you might be quite familiar with the game mechanic, you might want some tips and tricks to improve your card-matching skills in Pyramid Solitaire Saga. Here’s a nice guide, complete with screenshots and useful hints:
How to Read Game Screenshots?
In the above and below screenshots, note the white numbers beside each icon. The explanation for each number is given in the section right below the screenshot. I hope this will provide a quick reference to all important parts of Pyramid Solitaire.
1. Click on the Show Map icon to check out the completed maps. Each map has around 10-12 levels and each level gets a tad more difficult than the previous one.
2. Click on the Camel icon to access the Bazaar – an online shop enlisting a variety of charms. These charms are nothing but power-ups that help you out in difficult levels. For a full list and uses, check out the table titled “Charms” below.
3. The first level of the game. You will have to click on the level number to play a level.
4. Click on the Invite button to add friends. Make sure you have enough friends as you might need them dearly in later levels.
5 This small icon denotes the unlocked charm.
6. The music and mute buttons allows you to turn-off sound and music.
7. The unlocked booster. Boosters get unlocked after reaching a level.
8. The timer. Shows how many minutes are left before you earn an extra life. There are a maximum of 5 lives. Don’t worry if you lose a life. It gets replenished within 23 minutes.
Name of the Charm
Charm of Foresight
You can see the next 2 cards in the face-down card deck. You can use it anytime during the game.
Charm of Shuffle
Use this charm to change card position in the visible row of cards. You can use this only once per level.
Charm of Locksmith
Use this charm to unlock all locks in later levels. There will be levels where you will see locked layout of cards. Use it to unlock them.
Charm of Reveal
Reveals flipped down cards in a deck. Much like the Charm of Foresight, but the former can let you see only 2 cards.
Charm of Reserve
With this power-up you can save one card so that you can use it later in the game. Not much useful in my opinion. Can be used by expert Solitaire players.
Charm of Release
This can be very useful in levels where cards are chained. You can use it to free all chained cards.
1. Rows of revealed cards. You will have to click on an active card if you find a potential match. In this screenshot, note that the first 4 cards in the first row are all active, whereas cards in row 2 and 3 aren’t. The card will fly to a deck of face-up cards (number 3 in the screenshot above).
2. Deck of face-down cards. Click on it to draw a card. The revealed card moves to the deck of face-up cards. Once it gets revealed, you can look for a potential match.
3. Deck of face-up cards, this is where the drawn card shows up.
4. Number of cards in the deck. The number of cards in this deck varies from one level to another. As you progress, you will see the number diminishing, making it more challenging for you to find a good match. If you draw all cards, but failed to clear all cards in the row, then its game over for you.
5. The Joker card. This gets unlocked after completing a few levels. It acts as a substitute for any card and can be very useful for achieving streaks (consecutive card matches).
6. “Cards in a Row.” Shows the number of consecutive card matches. If you start matching cards in a row, the number increases.
7. It shows your current score.
8. Quests. There are levels that will ask you to achieve 4 or 5 streaks - card matches without any breaks. For quests, the joker card plays an important part. More on this later.
9. Shows the minutes left before you can earn an extra life. There are a maximum of 5 lives.
10. Number of lives.
11. A panel of gems showing the number of blue, red, golden, green and purple gems collected.
12. Score Meter: It shows the score required to earn stars. You will have to reach a certain score threshold to earn one, two or three stars.
13. Music, Sound and Quit button
Tips to Use the Joker Card
A Joker card acts as a substitute for any card. Players can make the most of this card when they see a potential streak (consecutive card matches). Check out the image below. You will see a potential streak.
Make the Most of Scarabs
These golden critters carry precious gems on their back. When you click on a card with a golden border, a scarab appears from behind a small hole. Once it appears it gives you a gem.
Certain scarabs have to be clicked to collect gems. The ones carrying red, blue or green gems have to be clicked to crush them and collect those gems.
You will have to be quick in clicking a scuttling critter. It really becomes difficult to click on those nippy creatures.
Golden scarab cards are usually found at the last row. When you have one or two cards remaining and one is a golden scarab card, you have good a chance to remove the card near the scarab symbol card. For this you have to clear the scarab card first and automatically the level gets completed.
More Tips and Tricks
1. If you are good at Solitaire, then it will be easier for you to solve challenging levels. Mind you, some levels can be quite difficult to complete.
2. It would be wiser to use the Joker card at the end or when you find a potential streak.
3. PSS is the simpler version of the original game. You just have to match cards that are one rank higher or lower. For example, if you have an Ace card on your face-up card deck and you have a 2, K, A in the row. You can click on K, then 2 and then A.
4. Buy power-ups (Charms) only when you progress to challenging levels. Remember that they cost Facebook credits and so you will have to spend real money to purchase them.
I hope these tips and hints will help you make the most of the charms, achieve streaks and score points in Pyramid Solitaire Saga. If you have any suggestions or question, drop a comment and I or my readers will try to help you out.
More by this Author
Some of the best hidden object games on Facebook bring a social twist to the pixel-hunting genre, making gameplay more engaging, interactive and exciting.
This Monster Legends guide provides cool tips and tricks to help you win battles, get free gems, and make your creatures stronger. Earn more rewards and get your combat strategy right.
These role-playing fantasy games like Final Fantasy Tactics let you deploy your character classes on a grid-based battleground and eliminate monsters in turn-based combat.