How To Make A Tire Swing In Your Front Yard
In this Article I am going to tell you How I made a Tire Swing in my front Yard for my children.
I will give you a simple guide and step by step instructions with also other options for creativity as well.
This is so simple and easy to do and it saves Money and your children will love it.
- Loose Rock
Instructions and Ideas
This is a very simple project. All you need is One Tire and a Large 50 ft Rope or more, depending on how high the tree limb. The rope needs to be Long enough to double it.
The Tire, can be any old tire that is not of use. As Long as you look it over and it has no steel wires coming out of it.
- You will want to find a suitable tree In your front of back yard that has a nice Limb not to high up so that you can throw a rope over it.
- You will also want a limb that can hold some substantial weight of approximately 300 pounds so that the limb will not break and cause an accident.
- You can simply use a Ladder if the branch is higher up, But always use safety methods for procedures when doing this and have someone there to help you if you are using a ladder.
- I and my family took our rope and tied it to a rock on to the end that wasn't too large or heavy so that we could throw the rope over the limb easily. With some weight on the end of the rope so that the rope will fall over the limb its very effective.
- Once we got the rope over the limb we balanced the rope to equal measurements.
- We personally decided to tie Knots on the rope making several knots spaced out about 8 to 12 inches apart all the way up to the tree to secure the rope well. Shown in the Picture to the Right
- After this we then were ready to Tie the Rope onto the Tire. To do this we then proceeded to wrap the rope around the tire several times. And then Tie a very secure Knot on top of the tire.
- That's Pretty Much It!!
This is easy to do and very cost efficient and so many creative ways to paint the tire and have fun with your children :))
Tire Painting Ideas
Other Ideas for Tire Swing
Metal Chain can also be used as well it is more expensive, You can also Use Bolts such as Eye bolts instead of tying loosely.
Creative Ideas and Extras
This Tire can Be Spray Painted or painted with any outdoor type of paint.
Ideas for Tires are Neon Paints : Now you can be very creative
Neutral Ideas: Stripes, simple White Strip or nothing :)
Little Girls: Strawberry Shortcake, Pinks and Neon colors, Polk- A- Dots
Little Boys : Camo, Army greens or Blacks and Browns.
Children truly Love to join in the fun and come up with some great ideas!! There ideas can really be very inspirational.
How to Hang a Tire Swing In Your Front Yard
In Conclusion, This is a Fun and Fantastic Project for the entire family. It is also a Great way to save money and give your children some really fun playtime that will bring wonderful memories that will last for a lifetime.
I hope you enjoyed This article and please check out my other great hubs for children :)
More by this Author
How to make Tater-Tot Casserole - Southern Style
Gallbladder Problems? - Home Remedies that can help.