How to Evolve Golbat
Golbat evolution is easier than you think. Knowing how to evolve Golbat is a tad more involved than just levelling up (as it would be with the Slugma Evolution)but when you know what you are doing it is easy. For most Pokemon you simply have to 'grind' the Pokemon to level them up - grabbing experience points where you can.
Not so to get your Crobat to evolve. There are other tricks that you need.
But first of all you need a Zubat or Golbat to get evolving.. so let us look at how to get a Golbat...
If you want to get a FREE EV trained Golbat or other pokemon then check out the Pokemon forums over on Monster Dungeon who regularly give away all sorts of trained Pokemon to their members.
How to Catch Golbat
There are a number of ways for you to get hold of a Golbat BEFORE you look to evolve it into a Crobat.
- The GTS. Using the in game trading system means that - if you have already seen a Golbat - you can look to trade for one or put up a Pokemon for trade asking for a Golbat.
- Forums. There are a huge number of Pokemon Forums all over the Internet. You can talk to users there and try trade for one. But Golbat's are so common you may have a few issues getting anyone to take you seriously.
- Use the PalPark to transfer one from one of your old games.
- Catch one. Golbats are so common that it is really the best way to get hold of one. either catch a Golbat straight up or catch a Zubat and evolve it into a Golbat.
Catching a Golbat
So how does one go about catching a Golbat? Simples!
Obviously it depends on the game that you are playing. In almost all places Zubats can be caught in the evening time - and the Zubat evolves into Golbat at level 22.
Golbat can be easily caught by itself - and can be found in the following places
Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - Stark Mountain, Victory Road, Ravaged Path, Oreburgh Gate, Mt. Coronet, Iron Island, Snowpoint Temple, Lost Tower, Turnback Cave (all times), Route 227 (night)
Heart Gold/Soul Silver - Stark Mountain, Victory Road, Ravaged Path, Oreburgh Gate, Mt. Coronet, Iron Island, Snowpoint Temple, Lost Tower, Sendoff Spring, Turnback Cave (all times), Route 227 (night)
How to Evolve Golbat
So now you have your Golbat let is look how to evolve Golbat into a Crobat.
The trick is simple... friendship. Specifically levelling up when the Golbat's friendship is above 220.
How to Increase Friendship
So how does one go about getting the Golbat's friendship level up to 220? A number of tricks
- Walk around with the Pokemon in your party.
- Feed it Pokeblocks/Poffins
- Vitamins such as Zinc
- Being part of Battles. Win battles and the Pokemon gets happier and friendlier
- Hold items. Holding an item increases the friendship - and a soothe bell doubles that again.
- Berries. Feeding the Golbat berries will make it like you quicker.
Golbat in Battle
More by this Author
The Terrakion location. Where you can find Terrakion, and how to catch him, including a walk through video
How to evolve Togepi into Togetic, and then how to evolves Togetic into Togekiss - must have information for competitive Pokemon battlers!
The Ralts Evolution Chart. Showing when Ralts evolves into Kirlia, and how to get it to evolve into Gardevoir or Gallade. Also shows how to catch a Ralts in the various Pokemon games.