How to Fix Slow Games on Facebook
There are many reasons for slow-loading games on Facebook. Slow Internet speed, outdated browser or a nagging plug-in can make your games load slowly. And if you have a laptop, then the noise your lappy fan makes while the game loads is proof enough that there are some processes are eating up your CPU power. If you are experiencing dawdling load times, even random crashes, then you should follow these steps to fix slow games on Facebook.
Install Firefox's Latest Version
I have dabbled with several browsers like Chrome, Maxthon, IE, but I found Firefox perform way better than other browsers, especially when it comes to playing Facebook games. They don’t crash in-between when the game loads. Moreover, the performance is much better in the newest version. Make you download the latest version of Firefox.
Install the latest version of Flash Player
One of the main reasons for sluggish load times and crashes is an outdated Flash plug-in. With every new game released, the technology gets upgraded and substantial improvements are made to give a memorable gaming experience. Moreover, game developers are looking to introduce console-style 3D gaming experience on Facebook.
Your old Flash player might not be compatible with the changes, which means slow load times, glitches and crashes. You must download the latest Flash player (Right now it’s Flash 11) in order to play new visually-demanding games like Hidden Chronicles, Blackwood and Bell Mysteries and future graphic-intensive games.
- The latest version supports 3D accelerated rendering, ensuring uncompromised Flash gaming and movie-watching experience. It can be installed in 64-bit versions with ease.
- Flash 11 automatically sniffs which OS version (64 or 32) you are using and lets you download the version compatible with your OS.
- Uncheck the McAfee Security scan if you don’t want this feature.
- Once downloaded, install the player by following the on-screen prompts.
- After a few days, the Flash player will ask you for a minor update. Follow the steps (close Firefox browser before doing anything) and update the Flash player.
Now play any games on FB and you will find that most slow games on Facebook will load a bit quicker, and most importantly, won’t crash when the game loads.
1.When a Facebook game loads, right-click on the screen and click on Settings. Click on the folder icon (third icon) and move the slider to the extreme right (check out the screenshot to your right). This will allow your PC to store the game's unlimited data. When the game loads the next time, it will load all data and elements much quicker, thanks to the unlimited setting option.
2. Make sure there aren’t any processors that eat up your laptop/PC speed. Press Shift + Control + Escape keys to open up the Task Manager and end those unwanted processes that you thing hog your CPU. You might also want to try applications like CCleaner to disable unwanted processes if you are afraid of doing it manually.
3. You can try browsers like Maxthon. I have tried this browser and it is pretty impressive, thanks to its nifty turbo mode that ensure quick browsing and faster loading times. You can also separate the Facebook game screen from the browser. But the one drawback is that the browser does update the Flash plug-in after downloading and installing the player. You will have to do it manually.
4. Chrome is also a good web browser, but the current Firefox version is way better. I found all game objects load quickly once I upgraded to the latest Firefox version.
5. Do confirm whether the browser has updated to the latest Flash version. While playing, right-click on the game screen and check the last line, below “Global Settings”.
Screenshot, Courtesy Jewel Kingdom game. Taken by the writer
Any Questions, Suggestions?
By following this step-by-step guide, you will possibly fix slow games on Facebook. If you’re still facing slow load times, then feel free to ask questions and I or my readers will suggest some tips to help you out. Also, do comment if you’ve found a new trick or a simple way to make Facebook games load faster and glitch-free.
(Flash website screenshot provided by the writer)
More by this Author
There are some decent RPGs on Facebook, but the number of titles belonging to the role-playing game genre is still pretty low. Games like Kingsroad and Cloudstone have set the standards for future role-playing titles,...
This Monster Legends guide provides cool tips and tricks to help you win battles, get free gems, and make your creatures stronger. Earn more rewards and get your combat strategy right.
The best RTS (real-time strategy) games for iPhone and iPad, for example Autumn Dynasty and Line of Defense: Tactics, provide a PC-like game experience.