How to find the Star Coins of Acorn Plains in New Super Mario Bros. U
Beating New Super Mario Bros. U isn't that hard. Getting all the Star Coins, though? That's another matter. This guide will help you find all of the Star Coins in the first world of the game, Acorn Plains, as well as a few other secrets you might otherwise miss.
Acorn Plains Way
- The first Star Coin is in plain sight, a short ways from the beginning of the stage and hanging in midair.
- The second Star Coin is hidden underground via a green pipe that's found immediately after the first Star Coin.
- The final Star Coin is near the end of the level. Using the Flying Squirrel Suit, run through the stage until you see a small brick walkway overhead. Use the suit's flying power (ZR while jumping) to reach the platform, where you'll find a pipe leading to the coin.
- The first Star Coin is at the end of a rocky slide covered in Goombas.
- The second Star Coin is found at the top of a vine. Proceed through the level until you find a small area filled with pipes. At the bottom of a ledge are two bricks. Use the nearby Koopa's shell to hit the top brick. This will bring a vine out of hiding. Climb the vine to find a new area containing the Star Coin.
- The third Star Coin is near the end of the area. Run through the level until you find two joined crystals. Atop the bottom one is a small sign pointing down. Stomp here and you'll move the crystal, allowing you to access the pipe beneath. Inside this pipe is the third coin.
Before you leave Tilted Tunnel the normal way, it's advisable to use its secret exit to access the Acorn Plains secret level. Near the end of the level you'll find a large pink crystal that will rise upward as you pass. Turn back to the left as it does and jump off the tip of it to find a secret path full of coins. After collecting the coins, run back to the entrance point and jump further upward, off another crystal, to find a second secret path. This leads to the secret exit, and the path to Blooper's Secret Lair.
- The first Star Coin is right at the beginning of the level. Head to the right from the entrance and you'll see a moving stone above you. When it moves up it will reveal the Star Coin. Wall jump to get it.
- The second Star Coin is quite annoying to get. Proceed up the cogs until you reach a small ledge. You'll see the Star Coin under the ledge. Get on the nearest large cog and ride it down a little bit, then run and jump off. Hit ZR as you fall to extend your jump so you can land beside the coin. The Flying Squirrel Suit makes getting this coin much easier.
- The third Star Coin is hidden inside a wall. Follow the right side of the course near the top and you'll find a secret path through the wall. Get in the cannon pipe beneath to explode upward and collect the coin.
- The first Star Coin is hanging in midair near the first question block containing Yoshi. Flutter up to it using Yoshi's extending jumping or do it yourself with the Squirrel Suit.
- The second Star Coin is in a pipe. Proceed until you see a green pipe. Just beyond that there are an innocuous pair of brown bricks peeking out of the ground. Pound through them to find another pipe containing the coin.
- The third Star Coin is also located in a pipe. Past the level's halfway point is a pair of high cliffs containing several Monty Moles, with a small gap between them. Fall into the gap to find a pipe. Inside is a Star Coin that's most safely retrieved with Yoshi or the Flying Squirrel Suit.
Rise of the Piranha Plants
- The first Star Coin is floating above a huge Piranha Plant. You'll most likely have a Fire Flower by this point, so either bombard the plant until it dies or wait for it to descend before going after the coin.
- The second Star Coin is in a warp pipe located just above three moving platforms. Use a Fire Flower to take out the Piranha Plant in front of the pipe, then use more fire to get rid of the three inside. You can't get this one without fire, so if you don't have a Fire Flower backtrack and look for one first.
- The third Star Coin is above a Hammer Bro. near the end of the course.
- The first Star Coin is on a blue platform close to the beginning of the course. It's high, so you'll need the Flying Squirrel Suit to snag it.
- The second Star Coin is also in plain sight, though this one is below a platform. Float down to it using the Flying Squirrel Suit then zip back up before you fall into a pit.
- The third Star Coin is under two huge Piranha Plants near the end of the level. Wait for their platforms to move before you snag the coin.
Lemmy's Swingback Castle
It's highly recommended to have and keep the Flying Squirrel Suit for getting these coins, as most of the level is above lava.
- The first Star Coin is between two swinging platforms.
- The second Star Coin is just after the halfway point, and having the Flying Squirrel Suit for this one is not an option. The coin is suspended above lava; you'll have to float down to it, then use the suit's power to zip away from the lava before you get burned.
- The third Star Coin is right at the end of the level, not far from the door to Lemmy. It's found inside a lone warp pipe poking out of a vast sea of lava.
Blooper's Secret Lair
- The first Star Coin is in plain sight as you swim along, in a small niche not far from a question block. Try to fry any nearby Bloopers before going for this one.
- The second Star Coin is also visible, but you seemingly can't get to it. When you reach the Star Coin, backtrack to the four-way spinning pipe at the bottom of the screen and swim under the stationary pipes to the right. You can get under the screen and reach the coin form here.
- The third Star Coin is found in the second half of the level, in the vertical section. Eliminate the Bloopers with a Fire Flower, then check the pipes along the left side of the screen. Between two pipes shooting air is one that isn't. Inside are two more Bloopers and the final coin.
More by this Author
In this section of The Sims 4 walkthrough we look at space exploration, a pricey - but worthwhile - enterprise for sims who love the stars. Aliens, here we come!
Photo courtesy of and copyrighted by Lionhead Studios. Lionhead Studios Sadly so. Yes, your early days of revolution in Albion are fairly easy-peasy, but eventually Fable III players will have to raise more than...
A Dark Room is a long, complex browser-based game with a ton of waiting involved. Help minimize your already minimalistic journey with this walkthrough.
having trouble with any of the coins? Let me know.
No comments yet.