How to find the Star Coins of Frosted Glacier in New Super Mario Bros. U
A big change from the nice desert, Frosted Glacier is also a big step up in difficulty - especially when it comes to finding Star Coins. Check out the walkthrough below for the locations of every Star Coin in this frigid land.
- The first Star Coin is found after spinning across several large stars.
- The second Star Coin is located on a small cliff overlooking a gap bridged by a spinning star. Use the Flying Squirrel Suit to easily boost up to the top. Otherwise, you can use a brick block containing a climbing vine to get to it - though getting to the underside of the block is much more dangerous.
- The third Star Coin is hidden in a cliff overlooking a line of munchers and several spinning stars. Jump down against the left side of it to get in and find the coin.
- The first Star Coin is under a brick platform a short distance into the level. Watch out for Cooligans when you descend. (Bringing the Baby Blue Yoshi into the level makes this part much easier, as they'll slide into his mouth.)
- The second Star Coin is a little ways after the halfway point. Slide along until you find two warp pipes separated by a line of bricks. Smash up under the bricks and wall jump off one of the pipes to find the coin at the top.
- The third Star Coin is right near the end of the level, floating near some brick blocks. Use a Cooligan to boost yourself onto one of the blocks and jump the rest of the way up to the coin.
- The first Star Coin is in plain sight, at the end of the second tilting platform.
- The second Star Coin is partway up the rising elevator, at the far right end of a passage with two Dry Bones. Try to get up to their level before the platform does or you may not have enough time to rush over and back.
- The third Star Coin is in a hidden wall, also on the elevator ride. After the second coin, stick to the left and wait for the area above to widen to the full room. Check the wall before the final bend for the coin.
- The first Star Coin is in a warp pipe guarded by four Goombas. Use a Fire Flower or Baby Blue Yoshi to get rid of them, then check for invisible blocks inside the pipe to get the coin.
- The second Star Coin is in a warp pipe. Once you reach the rolling hills past the midway point, check the first cliff you reach for a hidden room. Inside is Yoshi. Use him to reach the green warp pipe just after the Fire Bro. Inside are a bunch of Goombas in spiky shells; Yoshi can safely hop along on top of them without taking damage.
- The third Star Coin is above a bridge of hidden Goombas. Wait for one to get burst out of their spiny shells, then bop off its head to get to the coin.
Scaling the Mountainside
- The first Star Coin is above two pulley platforms. The Flying Squirrel Suit is almost essential for getting this one. You can lure enemies here to bop up to it, but it's very difficult.
- The second Star Coin is above a small pit with four Bullet Bill launchers. Either use the Flying Squirrel Suit to get it or hop off of the top Bullet Bills to get more height.
- The third Star Coin is in a hidden cave on the side of a cliff. Proceed until you find a Bullet Bill launcher stuck to the underside of the cliff, right beside a pulley platform. Use the Bullet Bills coming out of this launcher to get up to the coins, which signify the cave. Again, this is much easier to do with the Flying Squirrel Suit.
- The first Star Coin is hidden in a small cliff. Run through the level until you see the cliff edge, directly above which is a large icicle. Run straight for the wall before the icicle can fall to find the coin.
- The second Star Coin is up a warp tube a little ways after the halfway point of the level. Bop off the Ice Bro.'s head to reach it.
- The third Star Coin is also found through a warp tube, right at the end of the level. When you hit the final stretch of giant icicles, race past them so you can get to the lower path to the exit before it's blocked off. Flying Squirrel Suit gliding really helps here.
Swaying Ghost House
- The first Star Coin is in the first room of the house. Wait for it to sway to the right so you can hit the P-switch, then run back to the left and touch the wall above the coin. Now that the hidden bricks behind it are coins you'll drop right through.
- The second Star Coin is in the long corridor area of the house. Hit the P-switch in the corridor to turn the coins in front of you to blocks, then follow them to the end of the corridor and use them as steps to get to the coin.
- The third Star Coin is on the way to the house's secret exit. Once you get to the room with the P-switch platform made of coins, keep jumping past the first door you see on the way up and into the ceiling. You'll find a corridor full of coins and blocks. Hit the P-switch here and race to the end, where you'll find the last coin between two vertical lines of blocks. Wall jump up them before they change back to coins to get the Star Coin.
Wendy's Shifting Castle
- The first Star Coin is immediately before the halfway point, hidden behind the last in a line of Thwomps. Bait the Thwomp to go down, then wall jump up to get the coin.
- The second Star Coin is up a hidden warp pipe. Proceed until you find two Thwimps hopping over single brick blocks. The second brick block has another one hidden over top of it. Hit that block and jump onto it to find the pipe. Inside are a bunch of Thwimps, as well as the coin. You'll need fancy footwork to get in and out. Remember: they will only land on the patches of ice!
- The third Star Coin is down a warp pipe at the bottom of a girder. Wait for the moving platform to completely collapse, then fall into the pipe. The coin is behind the giant Thwomp.
- The first Star Coin is hanging just out of sight above a moving brick block platform. Get on top, take out the patrolling Koopa, and jump up to get it.
- The second Star Coin is in a warp pipe. Continue along until you see an orange bridge in the sky. Use the Fliprus to boost up on top, then beat the two Fliprus inside the pipe to get the coin.
- The third Star Coin is in a secret passage. Proceed through the level until you come to a passage full of Piranha Plants. Backtrack to the last set of floating crates and sit on the last one until it springs upwards. Use the jump to get on top of the nearby cliff to find the last coin.
More by this Author
In this section of The Sims 4 walkthrough we look at ghosts, the spectral figures that haunt your footsteps at night... and, possibly, make you some toast whenever they're in the kitchen. Huzzah!
A Dark Room is a long, complex browser-based game with a ton of waiting involved. Help minimize your already minimalistic journey with this walkthrough.
In this section of The Sims 4 walkthrough we look at space exploration, a pricey - but worthwhile - enterprise for sims who love the stars. Aliens, here we come!
No comments yet.