Kingdoms of Camelot Tutorial - Food Management Advanced
Kingdoms of Camelot
Kingdoms of Camelot is a Real Time Strategy game (RTS) that is played through Facebook. Learning the game is very easy as the application developers created numerous quests to help guide new players through the intricacies of this fun tactics game.
New players are tasked to grow a single city into a powerful empire by conquering the wildernesses, barbarian camps, and even other players. Join with a hundred other players to serve in an alliance and use your brute strength and cunning to become the most powerful alliance in the land.
Resource management is the single most difficult aspect of the game. If you grow your army too fast, you risk not being able to keep them fed. That will quickly result in mass defection. Build your army too slowly and you will give up the opportunity to gain your might and you may lose additional resource production for a while.
Kingdoms of Camelot
- Save time by bookmarking nearby barbarian camps that you want to loot. I typically send 30,000 archers at a time after level 4 and level 5 barbarian camps with no losses. I can send three to four waves of archers to barbarian camps simultaneously which maximizes the amount of food I bring in
- Write down the locations of your favorite players to loot, along with the amount of resources they provided. It is also a good idea to record their might. If the player is actively playing, you may not want to continually loot that location. Instead, invite them into your alliance!
- "Increase Gold" in each city as often as you can. While it reduces the happiness of your kingdom, it increases your gold supply. The happiness will rebound!
Kingdoms of Camelot Food Production Advanced
Might. You will start to struggle maintaining positive food production when your might grows to around 900,000. There are only a few ways to solve the problem:
- Buy the food in the market. This cannot be relied on as the costs of food will range from as low as 0.5 gold to 4 gold. If you have the gold to spend, and you don't have the time, then this is a reasonable option.
- Improve your wildernesses. Conquering a level 10 wilderness (either a lake or a grassland) will improve your food production by 50%. That is a cumulative count and you may have nine wildernesses with a level 9 castle. Conquering this level of wilderness is hard. If your army cannot conquer it by themselves, then ask someone in your alliance to conquer it. Then ask them to abandon it. Very few enemies will have respawned and your army can take over the wilderness relatively pain-free.
- Knight Bonus. Assign a knight to be the Steward. The higher you allocate points to their 'resourcefulness' the higher the bonus from your knight will be.
- Item Bonus. You may be lucky enough to win a Harvest Prayer or a Harvest Sacrifice item while using your Merlin's Token. The Harvest Prayer will increase your food production by 25% for 24 hours. The Harvest Sacrifice will increase food production by 25% for 7 days.
- Looting Camps. Barbarian camps are strewn throughout the lands. This is the best, and safest way to gather food, especially when your net food production is negative. A barbarian camp will provide 100,000 food for each level. Typically, level four, five, or six barbarian camps provide a good return based on the number of troops you send out.
- Looting other Players. Looting other players takes a bit more finesse. The best players to loot are those with might over 3,000. That signifies that they have played long enough to be producing resources in their fields. Look for players that are not aligned with an alliance. That will minimize retaliatory strikes. Lastly, look for players with no change in their might. That signifies that they have probably stopped playing the game and you are free to loot them as often as their resources replenish.
A Last Bit of Advice
Be VERY careful if you attack players for the purposes of looting food. Some players will join alliances and if you do not closely monitor that, you will be at risk for a war.
More by this Author
Remote Control Planes are a fun way to spend time with friends or family. Watching these planes glide through the air in big graceful swoops can be relaxing and enjoyable. Watching other people's RC planes crash...
A quick tutorial on how to get started playing Kingdoms of Camelot
Here is an extensive list of free CPA exam sample questions. Use them to help prepare you to pass the CPA exam on the first try!