LEGO City Undercover walkthrough: Festival Square Collectibles
A popular through-point to other parts of the city, Festival Square is a weird place. Hop onto the sidewalks and you'll see clowns, aliens, dinosaurs, third-rate Robin Hoods… strange place. It's also the hiding spot for a lot of collectibles, and you'll need them all to get through LEGO City Undercover. This article covers every collectible in Festival Square; you'll need all of the outfits to get the lot.
Mercy Hearts Hospital
- At the rear of the Hospital is a Vehicle Robbery Challenge, available by prying open a door by a garage. This challenge is fairly tricky, thanks to a bad combo of a crawling vehicle, a lot of cop cars on your route and a twisty route in the first place. Avoid damage in the first half as much as possible by straddling sidewalks and remaining on the wrong side of the street. Most cop cars will have trouble blocking you this way. Completing this challenge will earn you the Panacea collectible and a Gold Brick.
- Atop the rear entrance of the Hospital is the Surgeon collectible. Also up here is a space crate that will beam in an alien. Catch it for a Gold Brick.
- On the lower roof is a fuse box. Tinker with it to start a Drill Thrill challenge which will earn you a Gold Brick upon completion.
- At the very top of the Hospital is a Districts Conquered flag that will earn you a Gold Brick when raised.
- There's a Scan Point on the outskirts of the Hospital. Follow it to find a Super Brick.
- You can find a climb point under the section of the Hospital that extends over the road. There's a Super Brick under here.
- At the very back of the parking lot is a pile of rocks. Smash through it to find a boulder, and, by extension, a Gold Brick.
- Out front of the Station is a door you can bash in. It leads to a Super Brick.
There's a part of Festival Square absolutely festooned with balloons, not far from the Fire Station. This section covers that park.
- There's a tower covered at the edge of the park that's covered in lights. Climb to the top of the tower to find a Super Brick. Also up here is a Scan Point that will spark a Vehicle Robbery. Slide down the zipline to get at it and catch the guy to get the Inferno collectible and a Gold Brick.
- At the base of the tower is a strength game. Play it to get one of three. The other two are across the street: one in the larger park and near the sidewalk, the other in the middle of several stone walkways in a fountain area. Hit all three for the Weightlifter collectible.
- Across the street from the tower is a BBQ Fire. Put it out for a Gold Brick.
- Down the street from the lit tower is a more normal-looking one. Crack up the crate at the rear to find a Yellow Color Swapper. Use the ladder near the front to find a Super Brick and a teleporter. It will take you on top of the lit tower. Use the Chicken Glide to reach the normal tower again to find a Super Brick and a clock face you can paint yellow. Changing the colour will open the path to the Vinnie Clown collectible at the base of the tower.
- Back at the watery fountain area where you found the third strength game is a teleporter. It will drop you onto a balloon with a Super Brick on top.
- To the side of the fountain is a crane game. Play it for a Super Brick.
- In the middle of the park is a Deep Sea Spin Super Build. Construct it for the Deep Sea Diver collectible and a Gold Brick.
- Also in the middle of the park is a bouncy castle. Jump on it five times (you have to hold down the B button for the jump to count) to make the Sumo Wrestler collectible appear.
- At the corner of the park is a Frightful Freefall Super Build. Set it up for a Gold Brick. Ride it to get the Punk Rocker collectible.
This section covers the stretch of buildings along the edges of Festival Square, starting from the Downtown border and working towards Pagoda.
- Outside a building labelled Franks is a Disguise Booth. Assemble it for the Doctor Smith collectible and a Gold Brick.
- There's a multi-storey brown-brick building on the other side of the street. Check the alley between it and the next building over to find a way up to a series of ledges. There are three Super Bricks on the corners of the building. At the rear of the building is a drill point containing another Super Brick.
- You can break into the Estates bookstore beside Franks to find a Super Brick and the Tribal Chief collectible.
- There's a wall jump up the building adjacent to Estates. Follow the path along here to get several Super Bricks. At the end is a zipline that will lead you to the Doctor Jones collectible and another Super Brick.
- In a small alley down from these wall jumps are flowers to water for a Gold Brick. Use the grapple gun here to reach a Super Brick.
- A building at the next intersection contains a Super Brick, a Yellow Color Swapper and a Blue Color Swapper.
- Further down the street is another alley with another grapple point Super Brick.
- Across the intersection here is a building sitting on its own. Check the rear for a fuse box that will let you into a small room containing a Red Color Swapper and a dynamite vending machine. On the opposite side of the building is an ATM to bust up for a Gold Brick. On another side of the building is a Coffee Break spot beyond a fence you can scale. Take a breather for a Gold Brick. Bust up the barrel here to form a trampoline; at the top are bricks to scale for a Super Brick and, on the other side of the building, another Super Brick. Keep climbing the building and you'll find a Free Run medallion at the top. Completing the Free Run will get you the Robot collectible and a Gold Brick.
- Also at the top of the previous building is a Chicken Glide spot (and hidden behind the bricked-in stairwell to the left of the spot is a Red Brick). Use the Chicken Glide to get on top of the floats along the street. Bounce to the ropes connecting the floats and make your way to the snout of the crocodile. There's a Scan Point here that will ID a gang in Mercy Hearts Hospital. Get down to the waypoint by the park and beat the guys up for a Gold Brick.
- The building down from the café with the umbrella tables and the awnings has a cat on its entrance. Get it down for a Gold Brick. Break into the door here for a Red Color Swapper and a dynamite vending machine.
- Down the street is a gym. Bust up the ATM out front for a Gold Brick. Ignore the teleporter inside and make your way down the street until you see three inflatable pigs. Bash up the bricks on the grass near here to form a trampoline. Use it to get up to the pigs and bounce over to the roof of the gym to find a Super Brick. Make your way right to the top of an enclosure. There's a pig up here, but wait for a moment before you ride it away. Break into the enclosure and use the teleporter to zip to a higher floor where you'll find a Super Brick. Zip back to the enclosure and ride the pig to the Pig Cannon in the park for a Gold Brick.
This section covers the roads and the sidewalks all across Festival Square.
- Near the gym is a bouncy castle on a grassy embankment. Bounce on it to get to a Super Brick.
- There are two billboards on the upper roadways. Climb them for Super Bricks.
- On the underside of the bridge leading to the Fire Station is a Super Brick. Also near here is a Call-in Point Super Build that will net you the Douser collectible and a Gold Brick.
- Between the park and the buildings is a Metro Station. Bash up the crate at the bottom of the stairs to establish a Train Station.
Color Gun Collectibles
There are two spots around here that require different Color Gun combinations. Now that you've found the necessary colours spread through the area, this section will address the puzzles requiring different colours.
- There are three basketball game kiosks spread through Festival Square, each requiring a Redt Color Gun to complete. There's one by the big green star inflatable near the buildings, another across from the plain brick tower, and the last across from the gym. Getting all three will earn you a Super Brick. (And speaking of the basketball games, if you play and trounce all nine of them you'll reveal the Gorilla Suit Guy collectible.)
- There are four bundles of balloons that are missing colours. Two by the fountain require red and yellow; one by the plain tower needs blue; the last in the park needs yellow. Colour all four for the Circus Clown collectible.
(I'm still missing one collectible. Once I have it I'll stick it on here.)
More by this Author
LEGO City Airport gets very little love in the main story of LEGO City Undercover, serving primarily as a through-point when driving around. It's a huge area, though, and there's lots to discover. This article covers...
He may buy into some odd scams at times, but Michael's no sucker. So why's he in knee-deep with an obvious scam cult? Find out in this Grand Theft Auto V walkthrough.
A Dark Room is a long, complex browser-based game with a ton of waiting involved. Help minimize your already minimalistic journey with this walkthrough.