League of Legends Guide to Warding
If you are new are inexperienced at League of Legends you might not be familiar with using wards and just how important they are in winning games. If you are a new player just starting to use wards, or a seasoned player there are tips and tricks here to help you know where to put wards and how to use them effectively.
Why use wards?
In every competitive match of League of Legends everyone buys wards no matter what role or champion you are playing. Therefor if you want to be an expect and win games it is vital that you understand why wards are so important.
- Wards save your life. When someone is coming to your lane to kill you a wards just might save your life. Not only does that prevent the enemy from getting gold. It also prevents you from dying and missing out of experience and gold.
- Wards give you map control. Map control is what really swings games in one teams favor. If you know where the enemy is you can make plays and catch people off guard. This is how you make plays, and this is how you win games.
Where to ward?
You always want to ward key points that enemies are know to pass through. This really helps you spot them coming and counters their attempts at killing you. Also, once you gain map control you can move further into enemy territory in order to gain more vision and map control.
- River and Tri bush. These are known paths that people use to set up ganks. If these paths are warded then it makes them waste time and takes pressure off other places on the map. You always want to know where common routes to ganking your lane are and you want to makes sure they are warded when you are pushed out.
- Blue and Red buff. Warding buffs is a junglers worst nightmare and doing this can really allow your team to set up kills and deny the enemy buffs. Setting a jungler behind takes so much pressure off your team and can really lead to a huge advantage.
- Baron and Dragon. Global gold objectives are really big in League of Legends. Not only does it get your team gold, but it can also set up favorable team fights. Having these warded is vital, and you can take it a step further by pink warding them or clearing them out with an oracles.
Pro Tip: Don't ward if you see their jungler
If you see their jungler top and you are bottom do not waste a ward if you don't have to. Always account for where the enemy is before you ward. Wards only last so long and if you use them when you don't have them you are leaving yourself vulnerable later. League of Legends is all about being efficient and getting the most out of your items and gold.
- League of Legends How to Improve Mechanics
list of ways to improve mechanics in League of Legends. A guide on how to improve mechanics in League of Legends
- League of Legends How to Win Ranked Games
tips on winning ranked games and being a cool carry pro
- League of Legends Guide to Mid Lane
Intense guide on the tips and tricks of mid lane. Information on playing mid lane and how to be a successful mid.
- Best Mid Lane Champions League of Legends
List of the top tier mid lane champions and information about their strengths and weaknesses.
- League of Legends Best Champions For Beginners
List of the best champions for beginners to play in League of Legends
- League of Legends How to Play Support
In depth guide on playing support in League of Legends as well as tips to improve your support play.
- Best Champions to Carry Ranked Games in League of Le...
List of champions great for carrying ranked games.
- A Guide to Playing League of Legends Ranked Games
Tips and trick to help aid the performance in ranked games. Ways to improve play and gain a higher elo.
- League of Legends Understanding the Meta
The explanation of the current meta in league of legends.
- How to Raise Elo League of Legends
Guide on gaining precious elo. Tips tricks and methods for people of all skill levels
More by this Author
List of Champions that excel at carrying low elo in ranked games of league of legends. Description of these champions and what makes them great at carrying
10 tips that will help you raise elo in league of legends
In depth guide on playing support in League of Legends as well as tips to improve your support play. Everything you need to know about the support role and how to play support like a pro.