League of Legends Top 10 Reasons People Lose Games
After playing League of Legends for more than 3 years now I would say that I have a really good grasp on the game and what causes players to lose and why people lose games. There are many things that can happen to make you lose a League game and this guide is to help you avoid this mistakes and hopefully help your team to.
1) Losing Lane
This is obvious and it is pretty self explanatory If you lose lane you are gonna have a bad time. This is because you are already setting your team back and you are basically just making it hard for you team to win. This is why it is important to always try to win lane and if you find yourself always losing a certain lane try and switch to something else or find what you are doing wrong so you can improve.
- If you are trying to win the game you have to make sure that you are doing your part and carrying your own weight. You do this by gaining the advantage in lane. It is true, we all can't win lane all the time but if the key is to not feed even when you are behind. This is done by playing safe and not going aggressive.
2) Playing Champions They Never Play
This is a huge one and I see people do it all the time. If you are not good with a certain champion don't play it. Some people think that even though they have bad stats with a champ they are still good with them, which may be true, but stats rarely lie unless you are playing on a different account. So here is the deal. If you want to win games play champions and roles you are good at. Simple as that. If you are afraid you can get it explain it NICELY to your team that it is your best role and that you would have a better chance of winning if you got it.
- Champions take a while to learn and get a good feel for. This is why it is important to practice champion and look up guides before you decide to play them. Stick to champions with your highest win rates and most games played and you will win a lot more games.
3) Raging at the Team
Raging is almost never a good idea and it can make you lose games really easily. When you rage, people stop trying and people rage back and everyone just plays worse. If you are a rager like me just type whatever you want to say and delete it before you hit enter. This allows you to blow off some steam and not actually rage at your team. Leave raging to the other team and always ignore ragers on your team.
- Never rage at your team and if you have a rager on your team just ignore them. Negative attitude just brings everyone down and lowers the potential of everyone on your team. It is just a game and people are bond to make mistakes. Focus only on your play.
4) Giving up
Seems like so many people do this and it is really stupid. There will be one kill at 6 minutes and someone will say "GG." This is the stupidest thing you can ever do if you are trying to win games. Not only does it demoralize you it demoralizes your team and makes people angry. Just remember all the games you came back from when you were behind and remember that it is not over until the fat lady sings.
- There is always a chance to win the game. Surrendering just denies you the option of a come back and give the other team a free win.
5) Having Thin Skin
This goes for all the players that someone says they made a mistake so they decide to throw the game to show someone a lesson. This game isn't supposed to be your parent and it is not your job to teach anybody about anything, especially life lessons. League of Legends ranked games are not for the faint of heart and you need to have a thick skin if you want to progress.
- In the internet there are swarms of trolls. There is no getting around this so it is on you to react appropriately. It is those that rise above the negativity and rage that truly become great players.
6) Not Communicating
Communication is a lot more important than people think and if you don't respond to people when they ask where wards are does he have flash then you are crippling you chances of winning. If you want to win do anything in your power to make sure you help your team and communicate.
- League of Legends is a team game and you need to communicate with your team if you want to increase your chances of winning. There is a reason there is a report option for not communicating with team.
7) Bad Map Awareness
This goes a lot for people in low elo and having bad map awareness can easily cause you to lose a game. If you don't know where the enemy is don't be ballsy and try to steal buffs or split push, because chances are you will die and you will lose objectives for it.
- Getting caught will lose you a lot of games. Be smart and know where the enemy is or stay with your team. If you find yourself getting caught a lot you might want to try support roles that rely on staying with your team.
8) Not Warding
Doesn't matter what role you are, buy wards. Wards can set up kills and prevent deaths which is clutch if you want to win games. Don't be the guy who goes back and "doesn't have money for wards." Be prepared and know how much gold you need and always place wards.
- Once you get to a high level of play you will always need wards. At lower levels you might get away with it but it wont be for long. Get into the habit now and you will you become a better player.
Here's the deal. You can chase sometimes and knowing when to chase comes with common sense and practice, but the general rule of thumb is to not chase if you're not sure what to do. Chasing can lead into bad team fights and put your team behind.
- Do not dive towers. They do an insane amount of damage and no matter how strong you think you are you will most likely die.
- Know your limits. Know if you will be able to get the kill and if you will die going for it. It is never worth it to die for a kill.
10) Not Going for Objectives
As hard as it may be to admit or accept, League of Legends is an objective games and although kills are important they aren't as important as objectives. Kills are there to get a lead and take objectives. Make sure when you have an advantage you use and take objectives.
- Objectives are the way to end games. Sometimes teams will have a huge advantage and never win because they do not use their advantage to take objectives. Kills are not the end all they are simply a means to help get objectives.
There are many mistakes that you can make to cripple you win trying to win ranked games but just use your head and always think. There is a lot of strategy that goes into play League and you have to watch what you do and be on your a game.
- Get My Pro League of Legends Guides now in the Kindle Store
The best and most extensive League of Legends Guides on the market. These guides will give you all the tips you need to take your game to the next level and start carrying your teammates.
- League of Legends Dominance | Become a pro
Extensive League of Legends blog with all the tips and advice you need in order to get better. Go pro and dominate your enemies with guides and information.
- League of Legends Best Champions For Beginners
List of the best champions for beginners to play in League of Legends
- Best Champions to Carry Ranked Games in League of Le...
List of champions great for carrying ranked games.
- League of Legends Best Streamers
List of the best streamers in League of Legends
- League of Legends Best Top Lane Champions
A guide on the best top lane champions in league of of legends.
- League of Legends How to Win Ranked Games
tips on winning ranked games and being a cool carry pro
- A Guide to Playing League of Legends Ranked Games
Tips and trick to help aid the performance in ranked games. Ways to improve play and gain a higher elo.
- League of Legends 10 Things Keeping You From Gaining...
10 things that could be holding you back in ranked games in League of Legends. Tips on how to gain elo and win games.
- League of Legends Secret Over Powered Champions
List of a few sleeper champions in League of Legends that are overpowered and overlooked by many.
- League of Legends Understanding the Meta
The explanation of the current meta in league of legends.
- How to Raise Elo League of Legends
Guide on gaining precious elo. Tips tricks and methods for people of all skill levels
More by this Author
How to use wards and guide to warding. The importance of warding in League of Legends and how to get the most out of your wards.
In depth guide on playing support in League of Legends as well as tips to improve your support play. Everything you need to know about the support role and how to play support like a pro.
List of the champions with the best crowd control in League of Legends and why crowd control is so important.