MMORPG-What they are, why there addicting, why you should play!
Ever wonder what a MMORPG is?
Well that’s a very simple answer, a MMORPG is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. There are many of these games around, they can be mostly classified as a game where many people can log into a server and interact while playing.
Ok-it’s an online game…so what, I don’t see why its addicting or anything…
Well if that’s what you think your in for a shock! These games are addicting because of the level of content there is to do, the time it takes to do that, and the catch of wanting to do it. There also addicting because most will put you into a community that you will want to be a part of and stay active in!
Why should I play it…?
Playing a MMORPG isn’t just for geeks, being a player for about 6 years of two different MMORPGs I would know! Any restrictions that you may think you have to playing one are almost completely eliminated and here’s how:
- Online games: More then meets the eye!
Personally I have most of my experience in the MMORPG Runescape. Runescape is a game created by Jagex Ltd. Runescape is set back in medieval times, a game where you can collect items, gain levels, and fight monsters and people alike. This will be the background to the rest of this blog. With that being said, lets press on.
- Age- I can’t play a game with dragons and kids, I’m too old. This is very untrue and the number one reason why people don’t play games like this. They have MMORPGs for people from age 7 to 100! Runescape is a 13 year old+ MMORPG. Now in my 6 years of playing I have meant people from around the world ages 13 to 55. Anyone can play these games who knows how to use a computer and to type. 55 year olds enjoy it just as much as kids and younger ages.
- Community- Ok, now I’m playing how is this a community? Well as soon as you have an account you can talk to people in a live chat (setup like AIM in-game) and you have a friends list that you can private message people on (sever to server). If you pay for a membership, you also have access to forums where you can make posts for goods, tips, guides- anything almost.
- Fun- Most MMORPGs you are a character in. Being one of these characters you are able to complete Quests, raise levels, engage in combat, trade/sell/buy items, chat with people, play mini internal games and much more. Runescape has all of this and is based on experience points, doing an action to gain experience in the skill it reflects upon. At first this all sounds hard and I’ve known people who made a free account and didn’t even complete the tutorial of the game, a lot of MMORPGs will be difficult at first, but remember its like learning a Ps2 or a console game, you need to know the controls and what things do before it becomes very entertaining.
- Experience- Online gaming gives you experience with communities, they allow you to make friends, and they give you a view of what computers can do and there capabilities. Many scripts and engines are put into a game to get it running. Also your typing skills tend to improve from typing to people from these games. You also get backgrounds of people, I’m from the USA and I learned a lot about people from different European countries, Canadians, Mexicans, and even Australians. So much can be learned from normal people without even leaving your computer, of coarse they may never talk to you but its worth a try and most people who play these games are looking for friendship as well as a wonderful gaming experience.
- Online Games: More then meets the Eye!- Online games like Runescape have a clan interface. A clan is a group of people who are all friends that join together to do something more effectively, like a War between two clans is like 20 people on 20 people, it gives them structure like a Leader, Warlord, Counsel, Event Organizer, and members. If you didn’t know, leading people online or making events for a group of players is excellent experience for anyone like a town hall planner or secretary. All of these clans have clan websites (forums) where members make accounts and can post anything they want on them, and get to know each other. Most clans add a 3rd party chat and a voice communication program. I have talked to people on a program called Ventrillo from my clan. It’s interesting because we treat each other more like a family then a group of gamers. These groups, if all are nice people are awesome because they teach you things you may never know, they help you with your problems if then can, or they at least lend a listening ear (or if text eye).
Now that you learned about MMORPGs why not try one out? Here are various ones I know of:
1. Runescape (my personal choice)
3. Eve Online
4. World of Warcraft
6. Wonderland Online
7. Dungeons & Dragons Online
9. Lord of the Rings Online
10. Warhammer Online
Please keep in mind there are many of kinds of MMORPGs and all are different when it comes to how there made, interactions, and even the chat systems. Not all are easy or hard and not all accept all ages of people. Some are free and some cost money for membership, some offer both.
I hope you have found this blog interesting and informational. I appreciate your support and hope you have a nice day ^_^.
If you enjoyed this and now want to play, check out this first!:
- Finding the right MMORPG or Online Game for you, what good is a review if you read it and don’
MMORPG-What they are, why there addicting, why you should play! Two Runescape Players Dancing with Swords. Well that’s a very simple answer, a MMORPG is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game....
All Runescape Images are copyright © 1999 - 2008 Jagex Ltd.
More by this Author
Sign language is a vital part of anyone life if they are deaf. The use of sign language helps improve the life of the deaf and at the same time gives their family members a way to communicate quickly without the use of...
Anime Figures are models often made from PVC. They are high quality gifts any anime fan would like. There are a lot to them once you get into it. Thousands of different characters from the show and mangas come to live...
Looking for hot cosplay girls? Cosplaying is the act of dressing up as someone from an anime, videogame, or manga. Just like on Halloween, you have tons of fun pretending to be your favorite characters. There are both...