Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014 Challenge #1: Command the Dead
You control three creatures and your opponent controls three creatures. He has five life left, and you need to kill him this turn.
He has three Runeclaw Bears (2/2) against your Grave Titan (6/6, Deathtouch, puts two 2/2 Zombie tokens in play when it attacks) and two 2/2 Zombie tokens.
Still want to try to solve this on your own? These tips can put you in the right direction.
- Thinning out the number of blockers is important
- Deathtouch will not kill a monster before damage is dealt, so the creature is still blocked
- The zombies the Grave Titan spawn this turn can't attack this turn, but the ones already in play can
- Your Grave Titan can not kill your opponent by itself
- You can cast spells after blockers have been declared, but damage has not yet been dealt by hitting the "Stop Timer" button
- Lightning Blast one of the Runeclaw Bears
- Attack with everything
- After your Grave Titan and one token have been blocked, hit "Stop Timer"
- Cast Titanic Growth on the unblocked Zombie token and resume combat OR cast Unnatrual Predation on the Grave Titan
More by this Author
A guide for the seventh challenge you encounter in Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014, Go Berserk, and unlock the Heavy Hitter achievement
A guide for the second challenge you encounter in Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014, Gird for War
A list of all the NPCs who can join you in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition with their classes, alignments and where to find them.