Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014 Challenge #4: Blood is Life
You must survive the attack this round and counterattack to win next round.
He will attack with Rumbling Baloth (4/4) and Yavimaya Wurm (6/4, Trample), which is a combination more than strong enough to destroy you outright. A second Rumbling Baloth he holds in return to prevent your counterattack, but that's only if you live that long.
You have Markov Patrician (3/1, Lifelink) and Child of Night (2/1, Lifelink) to block with. You also have a Gloomhunter (2/1, Flying) which is tapped. Can you tap into Lifelink to survive this round?
Still want to try to solve this on your own? These tips can put you in the right direction.
- You gain life from Lifelink as soon as the damage occurs
- Trample damage occurs after damage between creature
- Stopping the Baloth prevents four damage, while double-blocking the Yavimaya Wurm only prevents one extra damage
- It doesn't matter how many creatures you have left if you're the last one standing
- Block both of the attackers with one blocker each, it doesn't matter which blocks which so long as both are blocked. (I don't know why she only attacks with two, she'd win if she attacked with all three...)
- Attack with the Gloomhunter
You can check out guides for the remaining ten challenges from the list below, or go to the master list to find a complete list of guides for both the 2013 and 2014 incarnations of Duels of the Planeswalkers.
- Command the Dead
- Gird for War
- Battle Tactics
- Blood is Life
- Defeat the Troll
- Sliver Strike Team
- Go Berserk
- Near Death
- Get a Grip
- Sliver Infiltration
More by this Author
A guide for the second challenge you encounter in Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014, Gird for War
A guide for the tenth challenge you encounter in Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014, Sliver Infiltration
A list of all the NPCs who can join you in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition with their classes, alignments and where to find them.