Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014 Challenge #8: Near Death
You have to survive the enemy's attack and turn certain death into victory. He has a Primordial Hydra (9/9), Fangren Firstborn (4/2, put a +1/+1 counter on creature that attacks with it), a 3/3 Elephant Token and a 2/2 Wolf Token.
You have Near-Death Experience (You win if you have exactly 1 hit point during your upkeep), a Glory Seeker (2/2), another Glory Seeker, equipped with Scourge of the Nobilis (3/3, Lifelink and tap R or W to get +1/+0) and Basandra, Battle Seraph equipped with Scourge of the Nobilis (6/6, Flying, Lifelink, tap R or W to get +1/+0 and tap R to make a creature attack, Players can't cast spells during combat). You have 2 life. Use this array to win.
Still want to try to solve this on your own? These tips can put you in the right direction.
- Lifelink combined with Firebreathing can help you pick exactly how much life you will gain
- There are many different ways to get your life to 1 HP, so long as you know how to do the math
- In Duels of the Planeswalkers your life can go negative temporarily while damage is still resolving. Don't panic!
- Your creatures don't have to survive so long as your health ends where you need it to
- Opponent attacks with everything, all his creatures get a +1/+1 counter
- Basandra blocks the Primordial Hydra
- Unenchanted Glory Seeker blocks the Wolf Token
- The enchanted Glory Seeker blocks Fangren Firstborn
- Activate the Scourge of the Nobilis +1/+0 ability once on Basandra
- Damage resolves, you should be at 1 life
- You win after the opponent ends his turn
You can check out guides for the remaining ten challenges from the list below, or go to the master list to find a complete list of guides for both the 2013 and 2014 incarnations of Duels of the Planeswalkers.
- Command the Dead
- Gird for War
- Battle Tactics
- Blood is Life
- Defeat the Troll
- Sliver Strike Team
- Go Berserk
- Near Death
- Get a Grip
- Sliver Infiltration
More by this Author
A guide for the seventh challenge you encounter in Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014, Go Berserk, and unlock the Heavy Hitter achievement
A guide for the second challenge you encounter in Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014, Gird for War
A list of all the NPCs who can join you in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition with their classes, alignments and where to find them.