Replace Grips on Makarov
- Slotted Screwdriver
- Replacement Grips
The Makarov is one of the most popular handguns in the world. The simplicity of its design allows the firearm to be very durable and equally reliable. The pistol was developed in 1951 by the Soviet Union and remained in service until 1991. The Makarov is a solid firearm for target plinking, collecting and self-defense.
Standard and Aftermarket Grips
The standard grips on military-issue Makarovs are hard plastic and can feel a bit slim when handled by people with larger hands. A few companies, Pearce being one of the few, sell aftermarket rubber grips that provide excellent handling. Replacing or changing the grips can be performed very easily due to the pistol's simplicity.
Replacing Makarov Grips
- Perform a safety check to make sure the pistol isn't loaded by removing the magazine and inspecting the chamber. Be aware of surroundings and other people and pets when operating a firearm, even when safely unloaded.
- Use a slotted screwdriver to remove the screw on the back, or spine, of the grip.
- Carefully slide the current grips away from the pistol frame.
- Slide the new grips on while keeping the threaded hole in the grips lined up with the threaded hole in the pistol frame.
- Replace the screw.
- Tighten the screw until snug, but do not over-tighten.
- The grips are now installed and ready to use.
Rubber Grips and Concealed Holster
More by this Author
Superman has starred in many video games and some of the earlier games sparked ideas and styles that are still used in Superman video games today.
There are many video games spanning many platforms over the years that are based on brick-breaking game play and ball bouncing physics. The objective of any brick-breaker game is to eliminate the bricks from the stage...
There are many differences between organic and non-organic soils. Mulch, compost, and manure are organic and will transform a nutrient deficient soil into a rich organic environment for plants. Perlite, vermiculite,...
No comments yet.