Mass Effect 3 Vanguard Class Strategies for Multiplayer
Playing as a Vanguard in Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer is beneficial for players who want advantages in close quarters combat. The Vanguard can be considered a "high risk, but high reward class," meaning that you may have superior advantages, but many of the powers put you at risk of uncertain death. There are currently 3 types of races for the Vanguard; the Human, Drell, and the Asari. Each race plays out a little differently because of their powers, but for the most part, the Vanguard class is for close range fighting.
Mass Effect 3 Vanguard Classes: Powers
- Human - Biotic Charge, Shockwave, and Nova
- Drell - Biotic Charge, Pull, and Cluster Grenade
- Asari - Biotic Charge, Stasis, and Lift Grenade
As you can see, each race that is a Vanguard has the Biotic Charge, but the other two powers are different. Each race will have certain advantages when facing certain foes, whether it be Cerberus enemies, the Geth, or Reaper forces.
Mass Effect 3 Vanguard Multiplayer Strategies
Playing as a Vanguard will require you to be up-close and personal with enemy forces if you want optimal combat efficiency. The Biotic Charge is great for moving fast towards an enemy and doing high damage. This should be a foundation attack for the Vanguard, as each race that is a Vanguard has Biotic Charge.
- Great Human Vanguard Combo: (1)Biotic Charge at an enemy(s) then use (2)Nova power to cause massive damage to enemies nearby. (3) If there are still enemies around perform a heavy melee attack or finish them off with your weapon.
- Nova Power requires shield power usage, so be careful as you are vulnerable to taking health damage after using Nova. Plan your attacks carefully against enemies.
- The Drell's Pull power is great for exposing Cerberus soldiers who carry shields. Use pull on Cerberus shields then follow up with a Biotic Charge attack (or simply shoot the enemy with a weapon).
- Asari Vanguard Combo: (1) Biotic Charge an enemy then either use a (2) lift grenade right away or the Asari's unique heavy melee attack that does massive damage to surrounding enemies.
- Another Asari combo is to use (1) Stasis then (2) Biotic Charge.
- DON'T CARRY TOO MANY WEAPONS! The Vanguard class in Mass Effect 3 relies on many of the powers, so make sure that your power recharge time is over 100% (the higher the better). Carrying heavy weapons or too many weapons will affect your recharge time.
Vanguard's can be easily killed if you're not careful in Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer
Remember that using the Vanguard in Mass Effect 3 carries a high risk. Attacking into large group of enemies may be dangerous! The Biotic Charge allows you to move great distances very fast and cause damage to enemies, but if you do not follow up a good combo or escape, you can get killed.
Note that the Asari has a special evasive maneuver in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. The Asari can use energy from shields to perform a fast biotic slide. Obviously this carries a risk because it uses shield energy like the human Nova power, but it can be useful for escaping enemies.
More by this Author
Smithing is one of the skills featured in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Smithing allows you to create armor, weapons, jewelry, and more. The major cities and towns in Skyrim will have forges where you can practice smithing....
If you want to survive the Mass Effect 2 suicide mission, which is the final mission of the game, you will have to take the necessary precautions. It is possible for Commander Shepard to die at the end of the game....
Before you can finally face Miraak in the Elder Scrolls Skyrim Dragonborn Quests, you need to solve a book puzzle on the "At the Summit of Apocrypha" Quest. When you read the Waking Dreams book you will be...