Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance walkthrough: VR Mission 003
VR Mission 003 is very easy to miss if you aren't open to exploration. You'll find it in File R-01, on the bottom floor of the compound you need to raid that's just beyond the Old City. Hunt around the ground floor and you'll find the computer containing the mission in a small back room.
VR Mission 003 is a quick dash to a single waypoint, on the opposite end of a long string of boxes. Aside from the usual obstacles of pitfalls and getting caught on ledges, you're facing off against a slew of soldiers, each armed with a gun. They'll fire at you the entire time you run through this course.
This doesn't sound that difficult, but it is if you look at the ranking times you're up against. The best time you ideally need to hit is 15 seconds to get through the whole thing. This sounds terribly difficult, but it's not that bad. Follow these instructions to zip through the course without issue.
- The second the course begins, start dashing. You can't waste a single second if you want the top prize.
- Stick to the right side of the course. There are more boxes to use to run across than on the left side.
- Ignore the soldiers along the way. They're a nuisance, yes, but if you keep Ninja Running not a single one of their bullets will harm you. Stop to kill even one of them and your bid for first place will immediately end.
- Watch at the end for a sharp left turn onto the final line of boxes. There are no invisible walls in this area, and if you fall you'll have to start the course over. Instant fail, more or less.
- Keep Ninja Running to the waypoint. It doesn't look like it, but there are gaps in the floor on the way to your destination. You'll fall right through if you fail to Ninja Run.
Sound tricky? It's really not. This is possibly the easiest VR Mission on which to earn a gold ranking, so long as you don't let off Ninja Running for a single second. Don't be surprised if you earn gold on your first attempt - it really doesn't take even 15 seconds to reach the end.
This course sounds like it would be a shoo-in for a BP sponge. Unfortunately, after the initial success (10,000 BP is a pretty sweet jackpot) the rewards drop significantly, even if you manage to beat your top score. Enjoy the one-time BP jump and move on.
More by this Author
It may be the first place you really get to explore in LEGO City, but Cherry Tree Hills, like most sections of the city, can't be fully explored until you beat the game. There are a lot of little things to pick up here...
Barry's on a rampage, and this time his pro-narcotics agenda is pointed right at Franklin. Will our anti-hero manage to stave off corruption in this Grand Theft Auto V mission? Or is it way too late?
A Dark Room is a long, complex browser-based game with a ton of waiting involved. Help minimize your already minimalistic journey with this walkthrough.
No comments yet.