Nerf Vulcan N-Strike Machine Gun - Review and Buy
Review and Buy the Nerf N-Strike Vulcan EBF-25 blaster
The Nerf N-Strike Vulcan EBF-25 blaster is an automatic machine gun that is the heavy hitter in any Nerf guns arsenal. This review is based on a compilation of actual customer reviews from, Amazon, Toys r' Us, and other major retail sites that provide customer review options.
Since this toy was included in the major Hot Toys for Christmas 2010 lists, stores are having trouble keeping it in stock, so the "where to buy the Nerf Vulcan" question focuses on researching the lowest prices from dependable online marketplaces that can be counted on to have available stock to ship.
If you want to skip the reviews and product information, and just find the lowest price available, click this link to see Where to Buy the Nerf Vulcan Machine Gun at Discount Prices.
What is the Nerf Vulcan Machine Gun
The Nerf Vulcan was the first fully automatic machine gun added to the N-Strike line of new Nerf guns. It is battery operated, (requires 6 D batteries), so you don't have to pump a plunger* before shooting it. It uses a "belt cartridge" system to supply a continuous supply of Nerf darts, and can fire as quickly as 3 darts per second. It can also fire in "precision mode" - one shot at a time. *(single shot mode DOES require a plunger pump action)
Although the Vulcan is a heavy-duty gun, (it weighs about 8 lbs), made of sturdy
Here is the company list of features:
- Single shot or automatic "Rapid Fire" modes
- Accurate up to 30 ft., average range 20 - 30 ft.
- Can be Tripod-mounted for stability
- Compatible with all N-Strike gear, such as the night-vision Tactical light.
- "Carry Handle" for easy mobility
- Ammo box for cartridge storage of gun feed
What is included with the Nerf Vulcan:
- Nerf N-Strike Vulcan EBF-25 machine gun
- 1 - 25 shot cartridge belt
- Ammo box
- Folding Tripod
- Instructions for usage and care
Toy Safety WARNINGS!
CHOKING HAZARD: Toy contains small parts - not intended for children under 3 yrs.
When Kids Get in the Action
The video below shows how much kids enjoy this machine gun blaster.
Note: Take notice that thanks to the famous Nerf foam that the darts are made of, these kids weren't hurt when hit with these rapid fire projectiles. Even at close range.
Kids and the Nerf N-Strike Vulcan
Nerf Vulcan Customer Reviews
Customer reviews collected from across the Net averaged rating this toy as 3 of 5 stars, and were mostly filled with positive comments. but there were 3 themes that appeared frequently in the reviews:
- The biggest complaint was that the gun frequently jammed when in full-auto mode, but unjamming is easy, just irritating when it happens
- More cartridge belts should be included. It only takes about 10 seconds to go through the belt of 25 darts in full-auto, then you had to stop and pick them up to reload, so you should seriously consider buying the Vulcan Value pack, (which does include a second belt), or buying another cartridge belt and darts as an accessory. These are available for around $9.99
- Batteries! The Nerf Vulcan uses 6 D batteries - not included of course, and drains them pretty quickly when the gun is constantly used as a fully automatic machine gun. Plan to have back-up batteries on hand
Most negative comments: Like any toy that starts simple and then gets more complicated, like this new motorized Nerf Vulcan, the probability of getting a mechanical dud goes way up.
Customers that had good luck with their Vulcans raved about them, but customers that had problems, hated them. Unfortunately there were frequent reviews concerning the failure of the belt feed mechanism, it stopped advancing the cartridge belt through the chamber. This seemed to occur most when the gun was used while running around, and such, which causes a lot of unintended belt movement in the cartridge chamber.
Some user notes:
- Even though you can run and shoot with this Nerf gun, this is the use that most frequently causes jams, probably due to the flopping movement of the cartridge belt as you move. This Nerf gun works best when stationary, using the tripod with the cartridge belt feeding from the ammo box
- The gun IS sturdy, as long as you don't slam it against a brick wall, it will take almost anything a kid can dish out.
Recommendation: Buy! - This is an awesome Nerf gun for kids that are into Nerf guns. You can be sure of being the "King of the Hill", and envy of the neighborhood when the Nerf Vulcan is in your N-strike arsenal. The jamming issue seems to be localized to a certain type of use and is easily corrected.
Where to Buy the Nerf Vulcan
Web research found the average online price for the Nerf Vulcan was $49.99. Although some sites had specials that included shipping, most did not, and shipping costs ranged from $7.00 to $11.00.
The best online deals were found at Amazon.com, the web's largest and most trusted marketplace. Their price for the Nerf N-Strike Vulcan EBF-25 was $44.95 with FREE Super Saver shipping. ebay had lower list prices, sometimes as low as $26.00, but the shipping charges were usually high enough to make Amazon the truly better deal.
**remember - some ebay deals may be one-time offers, if you see a deal you like - make a decision.
Our recommended buying sight is Amazon. You get a guaranteed good price, free shipping, and the peace of mind and dependability of the Net's largest shopping site.
Nerf Vulcan Refills
More Christmas 2010 Toy Shopping Guides
Comments on the Nerf Vulcan?
No comments yet.
Nerf Vulcan N-strike EBF-25
Nerf Vulcan N-strike EBF-25 prices
When shopping for the Nerf Vulcan N-strike EBF-25, searchers use different combinations of keywords. Phrases like; new nerf guns, nerf machine guns, nerf blaster guns, or even the full title: Nerf Vulcan N-strike EBF-25 might be used to ash a search engine for content.
More by this Author
Get the Fisher Price Geotrax Grand Central Station or Airport sets for as low as 1/2 price with these direct shopping links. Geotrax trains and cars are included.
The Calico Critters house - Deluxe Village House is just one of the doll houses that helped Calico Critters Houses get on the Hot Toys for Christmas 2012 list of toys that kids are begging for. This review will...
How to use a campfire tripod with a cast iron camping Dutch oven for outdoor campfire recipes is one of the easiest ways to cook when you go outdoor camping