Nodiatis - A Tutorial to Start Out
Well, I decided to create this hub that'll probably have more photos than text. ;)
It is intended to guide new Nodiatis players through the character creation process as well as give some good tips on what should be done after finishing the tutorial.
Let us begin, shall we? :)
Nodiatis Title Screen
You'll be prompted to name your character and then select a password for said character. One captcha later, and you will return to the title screen to be able to start your adventure.
Some good tips starting out:
- For your choice of first weapon go with the Iron Gaff. The other weapon is much too slow in comparison.
Train Passive Advancement ASAP!
- Level up your White Magic immediately. No matter what you fancy yourself to be, you'll need healing gems so you're not dying every other fight (need I mention you get no exp for dying in a fight?).
- Level up your Group Acumen and then ask for solo groups in chat. A solo group is where you're grouped with other people but each person is doing his/her own thing (hence the somewhat oxymoronic term solo group).
- If you're going the Melee route, it's better to concentrate on one form of weaponry than all three types.
- Using a shield is good for tanking harder foes as the game goes on. They even give their armor class bonus to bow users (at the cost of bow speed and the fact that you can't block with the shield while using the bow).
- Never ever try to beat a boss on your own, unless it's the Drunken Fisherman (and perhaps the boss of Traveler's Way). Bosses are meant to be taken on by 2 or 3 players and have the stats to force it.
- It is inefficient to train your skills above your current character level, but at times it is necessary. This is usually applicable to weapon skills and protection skills.
- This may sound boring and tedious, but it may be best to grind Traveler's Way until you get 810 gold for the Grass Sword. To do this most effectively, set the stat skill you're leveling up to Class Enhancement so you don't accidentally level up (thus pushing your level past that of the monsters on Traveler's Way. If you're a melee player, the Grass Sword is probably the best weapon for a long while, since it's somewhat unimpressive damage is irrelevant thanks to the fast attack speed.
- You may want to buy some direct damage or damage over time gems to help you kill monsters faster (and to use up energy/mana if you have no other uses for them at the moment).
I hope this helps you get into the game of Nodiatis. Until the next time, take care and have fun! ;)
P.S: My referral link to the game is: http://www.nodiatis.com/?aCQkguuKY
If you want to join, it's much appreciated if you sign up via that link. You don't have to though. :)
More Nodiatis Hubs from Winterfate
An aspiring adventurer starts her (could be a he; darned Internet) adventure. This is the area surrounding the starting town. Nodiatis is the second MMORPG developed by Glitchless LLC. Unlike Race War...
- Nodiatis - Tips and Tricks for Beginners
This is the character I created for my previous Nodiatis article. Since my friend has since joined, I've been using said character to help my friend through the game. :) Well, this hub will list a variety of...
Related Items on Amazon
More by this Author
This hub will list tips and tricks for people starting out as the Marauder in Path of Exile. Hub based on the personal experiences of me playing a Marauder named Balagor.
Help for the starting player of this online action roleplaying game.
This hub is going to explain how to beat Boss Rush Mode in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, as well as several important details such as prizes and tips/tricks. Officially called the Lightning Round by the Thunder...