Nodiatis Guide - Tips and Tricks for Beginners
Remember this guy?
Tips and Tricks for Nodiatis
Well, this hub will list a variety of tips and tricks for players starting out in Nodiatis. Let's get started:
- Always group for bosses. Get into the habit early while bosses are still easily beatable solo since they won't be for long (and even if you could beat them solo it'd take a lot of time, which leads to the next point.
- If at all avoidable, hunt bosses when you are out of Rested Time. You are guaranteed a piece of loot the first time you beat the boss and will never get anymore no matter how many more times you beat the same boss. The extra experience you'd get with Rested Time isn't really worth it in this case.
- Try to keep your weapon skill at your level + 3. Although you get penalties to leveling up skills that are over your character level, it helps you take on monsters that have more levels than you do.
- Some skill categories cannot be leveled up with trophies, but rather with certain actions. Adventure skills require that you travel between towns, for example.
- Get the grass sword in Castille. It costs 990 gold, but it should be a high priority. It does 1-8 damage at a slightly quicker rate than the Iron Gaff does 1-2 damage (in other words, really fast). Most people don't have patience for this step, but it's highly advisable.
- Get your Sorcery and White Magic up to 2 as soon as possible. This allows you to equip healing gems in your gem pouch. Buy 1 heal over time White Gem (Gradual Repair) and 1 burst heal (Healing Touch). Using them in combat can mean the difference between life and death.
- A goal for the short term is to get 10 Petmanship. This allows you to equip a Sewer Rat, which is the first available pet in the game. I recommend getting one from drops rather than buying one.
- Always sacrifice your trophies in groups of 5 (once you get Item Stacking high enough, sacrifice them in groups of 10). This maximizes your experience gains if you get an experience rush. Besides, who wants to drag one trophy to an altar at a time? :P
- Once you get levels in Group Acumen, ALWAYS group. Time spent not grouped is time that isn't earning you the maximum possible experience.
- Experiment with different regions within your level range to determine what has the best return of experience. Just because you can kill harder monsters doesn't necessarily mean it's efficient to do so.
- Gathering skills are generally useless as a free player, but an invaluable extra money stream if you pay for the game.
- Likewise, you can make a small fortune once you level up a bit by selling your hard earned trophies for money. This works better the higher leveled you are (better trophies are more efficient for experience rushes).
- I don't recommend buying time cards with gold until you're roughly in the 30's. Before then, you may not make enough money during your paid period to get your money's worth.
- Virtues are hit and miss if you're a free player. On a general note as a free, virtues aren't worth getting until you find an epic that's worth at least 2 TC (which is probably in the level 41-60 range). As a paid, bite the bullet and get them sooner than later, since each one gives +3.33% to your experience gains as a bonus.
- Keep your Nodiatis browser window open for as long as you can humanly afford. If you're doing other things on your computer, that's extra time for blisses to be awarded to your character without you lifting a finger.
- Shared bliss occurs when someone pays real cash in Nodiatis, at the rate of 1 gold to all online players for each $1 spent. Some people are heavy spenders. I've seen blisses of more than 100 gold before!
Well, that's about the extent of this hub for now. Feel free to add additional tips in the comments section if you're an experienced player of this game. Also, feel free to check out my other Nodiatis-related hubs.
Last but definitely not least, here are two Nodiatis related links:
http://nodiatis.wikia.com/wiki/Nodiatis_Wiki - Link to a fan-made Nodiatis Wiki. I have found it extremely helpful in catching up with the new features added in my absence.
http://www.nodiatis.com/?aCQkguuKY - My referral link to Nodiatis. If this article has piqued your interest enough to join Nodiatis, then I'd appreciate it if you joined using my link. You don't have to though; you reading this article is good enough for me. ;)
Until the next time, take care and have fun! ;)
Other Nodatis Hubs by Winterfate
- Nodiatis - A Tutorial to Start Out
Well, I decided to create this hub that'll probably have more photos than text. ;) It is intended to guide new Nodiatis players through the character creation process as well as give some good tips on what...
An aspiring adventurer starts her (could be a he; darned Internet) adventure. This is the area surrounding the starting town. Nodiatis is the second MMORPG developed by Glitchless LLC. Unlike Race War...
Related Items on Ebay
More by this Author
Help for the starting player of this online action roleplaying game.
This hub will list tips and tricks for people starting out as the Marauder in Path of Exile. Hub based on the personal experiences of me playing a Marauder named Balagor.
A hub listing the best units of Fire Emblem: Awakening, according to the writer of the article, Winterfate. May or may not contain Manaketes.
No comments yet.