Papa Pear Saga Tips, Hints and Tricks
Papa Pear Saga combines fruit-shooting fun with pinball’s gameplay mechanics. The game offers plenty of challenging levels to keep you busy for hours. Instead of bubbles, you will be popping acorns, carrots, and an assortment of vegetables and fruits. It gives you plenty of other objectives, such as lighting up animated buckets by shooting pear-shaped balls into them, pushing colorful fruits into buckets, and scoring X number of points.
The game is easy to play and has a simple interface designed for casual gamers. However, some levels are quite challenging. You may have to replay those levels more than once. Follow these Papa Pear Saga tips if you can’t complete a level, or if you want to complete all objectives with extra pears in hand. This hub also includes a power-up guide, which may assist you in making the most of special boosters.
1. You will find a pear shooter at the top of the screen. Move the mouse cursor to aim and shoot pear-shaped balls at fruits and vegetables to remove them. Score points while you destroy pegs.
2. Each level has more than one objective. Game objectives range from removing acorns, radishes, carrots, and other fruits and vegetables to scoring points and lighting up buckets by shooting pears into them. Some levels also ask you to push large fruits into those buckets and remove X number of vegetables or fruits.
3. To help you achieve your objectives, the game offers boosters (special pegs) at regular intervals. These special pegs can be purchased with Facebook credits. You will also find them strategically placed between common pegs in almost all levels.
4. You lose a life if you fail to complete all or any one of the objectives. Lives refill over time and it may take 10-15 minutes to get a new life at no cost. You can request additional lives from your Facebook friends. Make sure you add as many friends as you can, to get more lives.
Tips and Tricks
- In levels where you will have to score “X” number of points and light up all five buckets, try to complete the first objective first. Aim and shoot at a group of pegs to get more points. You don’t need to worry immediately about lighting up a bucket, as all the pears will end up inside one or more of the buckets. Once you meet the score objective, light up the remaining buckets by aiming directly at them.
- You can shoot multiple pears (up to three pears) into buckets if you want to destroy pegs quickly and score more points.
- When lighting up buckets, clear the corner ones first, then aim at the middle bucket. You can easily shoot pears at buckets beside the middle one.
- Destroy fruits and vegetables (pegs) of the same type to earn a special multiplier peg. Multiplier pegs double your points for each bounce. Example: A special multiplier peg will appear once you remove all acorns in the game board.
- Bouncing pears off objects, fruits, and vegetables earns you additional points. This gameplay concept is very similar to Pinball games you’ve played on your computer. The more bounces, the more points and stars you will earn. Points fill up the star meter located at the top right corner of the screen. A full star meter earns you three stars.
Types of Special PegsClick thumbnail to view full-size
How to Make the Most of Special Pegs
Boosters are special pegs that bestow special powers upon pears. A pear bouncing off booster pegs gets more powerful, and helps you remove common pegs as well as score bonus points.
Boosters appear on a game board after certain combos are triggered. You can also get them in exchange for gold bars, which can be purchased with real money. Follow the guide below if you don't want to spend cold cash on boosters. You can also follow these tips below to make the most of these boosters in Papa Pear Saga:
1. Papa Grande Peg: Colliding with a Papa Grande peg will make your pear bigger. A big pear can destroy more pegs than a normal pear (though it doesn't bounce as much as a normal pear).
2. Papa Fire Peg: When your pear hits this special peg, it turns into a fireball, burning and destroying common pegs quickly. A fiery pear can destroy more fruits and vegetables than a normal pear.
3. Split Papa Peg: Colliding with this special peg will create a copy of your pear. You will have two pears destroying pegs and earning more points for you.
4. Light up Peg: When your pear hits the rainbow-colored Light Up peg, a dull, animated bucket will light up immediately.
5. Multiplier Peg: If you remove all fruits and vegetables of the same type, you earn a special multiplier peg.
How to Create Special Pegs: Combos
Special pegs can be bought for gold bars, but who wants to spend cold cash when one can get them for free? You just need to fulfill certain conditions, or combos as players call them. Here are some tips to create special pegs or boosters:
- If you want to create Papa Grande, you just have to make sure your pear removes fifty objects on the game board.
- If you want to make Fire Papa, make your peg bounce off a bucket’s edge and then bounce off the wall.
- To make a Split Papa, i.e. a clone of your papa peg, you will need to bounce your original peg off any of the buckets in the game board at least five times.
- The Rainbow Special Peg or Light Up Booster can be created by hitting your pears off a lit-up bucket seven times. But you first need to unlock that peg at the fifteenth level.
- To create a special Multiplier peg, all you need to do is destroy all fruits or veggies of the same variety (for example, all the carrots).
Additional Tips and Tricks
- Shoot directly into a bucket to light it up and earn 1000 points. To earn 500 points, make sure your pear hits the ceiling after bouncing off an object in the game board.
- Completing objectives will trigger a “Pear Fever” bonus mode. In this mode, the remaining pears will be released from the shooter pot. This will help you score more points and earn stars.
- In levels where you are asked to clear X number of carrots and score X points, make sure you remove half of the carrots, and earn at least 75 percent of the total score requirement, before you start destroying the remaining carrots.
- In some levels, buckets will be covered with corks, lids, and other objects. You will need to remove those by bouncing your pear off them multiple times. Once the lid or cork is removed, you can easily push the pear into the empty bucket.
Hope these tips and tricks will help you score more points, light up more buckets, and destroy more animated fruits and veggies. If you have any questions or gameplay hints, do share your Papa Pear Saga moments via the comment box below.
All screenshots by the writer, courtesy King Online Games.
Is Papa Pear Saga More Addicting Than Candy Crush Saga?See results without voting
More by this Author
- EDITOR'S CHOICE13
Some of the best hidden object games on Facebook bring a social twist to the pixel-hunting genre, making gameplay more engaging, interactive and exciting.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE6
There are some decent RPGs on Facebook, but the number of titles belonging to the role-playing game genre is still pretty low. Games like Kingsroad and Cloudstone have set the standards for future role-playing titles,...
- EDITOR'S CHOICE27
This Halloween, buy a new pair of headphones to play some of the most terrifying iPhone horror games. Some will make your skin crawl, while others are scary enough to give you panic attacks.