Pet Rescue Saga Tips and Tricks
The King of social games is back. And this time they have a gem-matching game centered on cute piglets, pigeons and puppies. Pet Rescue Saga lets you rescue cutesy 3D pets from the evil pet-snatching gang. All you need to do is match 2 or more blocks of the same color and guide the pets so that they can reach the ground safely.
Matching blocks can really get addicting right from the start of play. Although the gameplay mechanic is very similar to other gem-matching games, it’s the “rescue-animals” objective that makes it even more fun. There are also plenty of booster to take advantage of and the uber-cool rocket to remove columns. Follow these fun tips to free those cute little animals and earn more points:
Game Rules and Objectives
1. Your goal is to match 2 or more similar-colored blocks and fulfill certain requirements to advance to the next level. Instead of the usual match-3 mechanics, developers have eased on the number of matching blocks, making gameplay simpler and interesting. Each level has a goal that is different than the previous level.
- Get an X number of points
- Rescue 3 of 5 pets
- Clear 75 percent of blocks
- Rescue all pets
- Rescue pets with 40-50 moves left
2. Every level has more than one objective. You will need to complete an objective or a set of objectives if you want to go to the next level. If you fail to complete any one requirement, you lose a life. A life (red heart), however, refills after 25 minutes.
3. When you are tasked to clear an X percent of blocks, you will have a small percent meter bar to your right indicating how many blocks you have removed so far.
4. If the goal is to rescue pets, then you will need to match blocks and clear them away in order to guide those helpless animals to the ground.
5. If you have rescued all pets, the game will give you a chance to clear all blocks. If you match all of them, the bar to your right will show a 100 percent block match. This will earn you bonus points, three stars and more coins.
Tips and Hints
- The number of stars determines the number of coins you will earn. Match large groups of same-colored blocks, earn more points, get the block meter filled up to 100 percent and earn 3 stars to collect more coins. To check your star status, have a look at the small star meter at the bottom of the screen, just beside the score ticker.
- To quit a current level, click on the quit icon at the top-right corner of the screen. Beware. If you quit while playing, you will lose a life.
- Boosters get unlocked after you complete some levels in a stage. You will get a trial booster for one level. After that, you can buy it by spending in-game coins or FB credits.
- Some levels have a column blaster rocket. It gets charged up when you remove groups of same-colored blocks. Keep matching blocks until it is fully charged. When ready, click on the rocket and then select the column you want to remove.
How to Rescue Pets and Score Higher
Rescuing pets is one of the most challenging objectives of Pet Rescue Saga. Freeing these adorable animals will earn you 1000 bonus points (per animal). Here are some tips you might need if you want to free all pets:
- Whenever you get an opportunity, make sure you remove a large group of blocks first. Not only you get to score more points, but also guide pets to the bottom of the screen quickly.
- When you have more than 2 animals to free, make sure you remove blocks to keep the column level same.
- After destroying blocks, the screen drops to show more blocks. If a pet animal is left stranded in the tallest column and the screen drops below the tower, then its game over for you.
- Try to use the column blaster rocket at times when you see a pet animal getting stuck in a tall block tower with no matching blocks left. Wait for the rocket to fully charge up and then click on the column to remove it.
- Take your own time when matching blocks. There is no timer and so there’s no need to hurry up. Do remember that levels that need you to rescue animals are difficult. Essentially, you will need to remove all blocks in order to free animals.
- Click on bombs to level the blocks so that animals don’t get stuck in isolated columns. Bombs can be very useful in these levels.
How to Beat Level 40
In this level, you will need to save six pets and score points in 75 moves. At the start of play, target the netted boxes by matching normal blocks beneath them. The metal mesh protection can be removed by matching blocks around them.
Meshed blocks also double up as multipliers so matching them with other blocks doubles the points and increases your score, making you score quicker. Get rid of the netted boxes as quickly as possible to make room for more blocks and pets trapped above the game board.
After rescuing the first animal, you will notice the other 5 inside trap boxes. These trap boxes are color-coded and so need to be matched with a similar-colored block to free pets from them. For example, you can free an animal inside a red trap box by matching it with a normal red colored block.
Make sure you make the most of colored balloons to remove maximum blocks. For example: clicking on the yellow balloon will remove all yellow blocks visible in the game board. Wait for the right moment and when you see a large number of blocks, only then pop the similar-colored balloon.
Hints to Complete Level 42
In this level, the objective is to bring down all 6 pets at the bottom and score points – all this in 25 moves. Seems quite challenging, especially with the chained and locked metallic blocks sitting at the bottom. But one can easily remove them if they can somehow manage to break open the glass block with a golden key inside. Here’s what players can do:
The fragile glass block with golden key can be smashed by matching blocks below it and dropping the glass case on a locked block or on a ledge. Once broken, click on the golden key to get rid of all locked blocks at the bottom of the screen.
You can also use the column blaster on the column where the glass block resides. This way you can quickly break that glass block and retrieve the golden key. You can get rid of as many blocks as possible by taking advantage of bombs and the blue balloon. Once all pets are rescued, keep matching blocks and use bombs and the column blaster power-up to reach the required score.
To unlock level 43, you will need to ask your friends to help you cross the bridge. Send requests to to those who play this game and if 3 or 4 of your friends accept to help, you will be able to unlock it.
- The best way to get three stars is to remove all blocks from the game board.
- Some bombs will be inside glass blocks, which break when they hit a wooden plank. Match blocks to guide these glass-encased bombs to these wooden planks.
- Multiplier blocks in some levels have “x2” or “x3” written on them. Matching blocks with these special multipliers doubles or triples the match score. Make the most of these multipliers to improve your total score.
- Matching large groups of blocks in a row earns you bonus points, thereby filling the star meter quickly.
- Not all levels will have the column blaster rocket. You will need to be careful while removing blocks and guiding pets. In such situations, use the Block Buster to smash a block or two.
Do you have your own tips and tricks to share? You can post your questions and hints on the comment box below.
All Screenshots, provided by the writer, courtesy King.com.
More by this Author
- EDITOR'S CHOICE6
There are some decent RPGs on Facebook, but the number of titles belonging to the role-playing game genre is still pretty low. Games like Kingsroad and Cloudstone have set the standards for future role-playing titles,...
This Monster Legends guide provides cool tips and tricks to help you win battles, get free gems, and make your creatures stronger. Earn more rewards and get your combat strategy right.
- EDITOR'S CHOICE21
The best RTS (real-time strategy) games for iPhone and iPad, for example Autumn Dynasty and Line of Defense: Tactics, provide a PC-like game experience.