Photo Scavenger Hunt Ideas: The Possibilities are Endless and can be Funny!
If you’re looking for a great way to have fun with a large group of people, scavenger hunts are the best way to do it. Scavenger hunts can be used as fun ways to keep your family entertained during a Staycation, or as a sort of contest or competition. Now that modern technology has progressed as far as it has we can have Photo Scavenger hunts easily.
This type of scavenger hunt opens up a huge world of possibilities. Instead of having to acquire the item in the riddle or clue (although you can mix these too), all they have to do is take a photo of it. If planned correctly photo scavenger hunt clues can be posted on the World Wide Web to be used in grand scale Internet hunts, either for fun or competition. Sometimes planning really great scavenger hunts can be pretty difficult.
The concept seems simple, but people can be pretty hard to entertain sometimes. Technology has given us all a mild case of attention deficit, and to fight against that you have to try to keep your photo scavenger hunt ideas original and captivating. Keeping the Photo scavenger hunt clues creative and thought provoking, without being too difficult, can be hard as well. There’s a delicate balance to be kept, but if done correctly a great photo scavenger hunt can be a truly great time!
- Photo Scavenger Hunts
Want to try before you buy? We offer FREE mini-scavenger hunt downloads and some amazing Super Saver Packs to keep kids and adults busy for a looooong time!
Photo Scavenger Hunt Ideas
If a photographic scavenger hunt sounds like something you’d like to do, but you can’t think of where to start, try one of the photo scavenger hunt ideas listed below. You can always change things around to fit you particular needs. Try throwing some unique scavenger hunt riddles out there to keep things interesting.
Photo Riddle Scavenger Hunt
- This is a fun scavenger hunt that involves some fun scavenger hunt riddles. Instead of telling the participants what to find and photograph, try giving them a sneaky riddle to figure out first. Their answer to the riddles will be their photographs. The winner of the hunt would be determined by the first person to submit all of the scavenger hunt’s photos with the entire scavenger hunt riddle list being correctly solved.
Nature Photography Scavenger Hunt
- This one is sort of educational. Give a list of plants and trees that grow in the area of the hunt. Participants in the scavenger hunt are to identify and find those plants growing and photograph them. To help make sure that no one is cheating and finding Google images, you can request that they hold something up in each photo to verify authenticity.
Film Fashion Photo Scavenger Hunt
- Make a list of movies or fictional characters. Have the participants of your photo scavenger hunt find and take pictures of either people wearing or places selling items of clothing or entire outfits that could be worn by someone in the movie or the character in question.
These are just a few ideas to help get you going. Part of the real fun is building the riddles, creating the clues, and weaving together an adventure for your group. Make sure to enjoy all of the fun of creating the hunt as much as the participants will enjoy solving it!
If you would like to join us on Hubpages, learn lots of new things, and also make some money whilst writing about what you like, click here to sign up today … who knows, it may turn into your main income and passion!
© Copyright 2012. Brett.Tesol - Full terms available on Brett.Tesol's profile page (click the blue link for profile, failure to read the Copyright Contract could be expensive. The act of copying this work means that you accept the full terms of the contract, regardless of whether or not you have read it).
- Scavenger (Treasure) Hunt Ideas for Adults
Adults like to have fun too!! So why not organize a hunt with these treasure hunt ideas for adults. A treasure hunt for adults makes a great activity for friends and colleagues. The challenge is coming up with scavenger hunt clues and ideas to make your scavenger hunt different from the rest.
- Scavenger Hunts: Clues, Ideas, and Riddles to get you Started
Finding ways to have fun as a group can be hard. Whether it’s a family activity, an event for a club, or any group of people that you’re trying to plan activities for, it can get pretty hard to keep coming up with creative ideas. Especially with...
- Photo Scavenger Hunts: The Possibilities are Endless!
Photo scavenger hunts are the modern twist on the old game of scavenger hunting. The old ways can be fun too, but work in this modern twist, with a few of the traditional challenges and you'll have a blast.
- Pirate Scavenger Hunt for Kids
Pirates have always been a firm favourite for children, and the recent Pirates of the Caribbean movies has certainly increased the popularity even further. Therefore, why not play with this interest the next time that your children are bored?...
- Photo/Picture Scavenger Hunt Lists and Some Ideas
All about Photo Scavenger Hunts and how they can turn a normal day into an adventure. This series will cover ways of setting up hunt, tips to playing and a few new ideas to increase excitement levels. -
- Planning a Large Outdoor Scavenger Hunt
Planning an outdoor scavenger hunt can be quite a challenge. However, that doesn't mean that you can't have fun while planning too!
- Mall Scavenger Hunt | Make it FUN!
The mall provided a safe environment for children to hang out in. This makes it s great place to organize a mall scavenger hunt! Photo scavenger hunts, riddle hunts, or challenge scavenger hunts all work great in this one location.
More by this Author
- 4Scavenger Hunts: Clues, Ideas, and Riddles to get you Started on a Treasure Hunt. Great Fun for the park or at home ...
Scavenger hunting is great fun, but doesn't need to be confined to Easter scavenger hunts! Treasure hunting is a fun activity for any time of the year ...
The mall provided a safe environment for children to hang out in. This makes it s great place to organize a mall scavenger hunt! Photo scavenger hunts, riddle hunts, or challenge scavenger hunts all work great in this...
My experience of quitting my job to go and teach TEFL. Here you can also learn about applying to teach abroad and how to start the process.