Pokémon X and Y Walkthrough, Part Thirty-Three: Anistar City Gym
Six gym badges under your belt. You can taste the championship, even if there's a distinct Flarey tinge crisping your tongue from time to time. Only two badges left - and you're standing on the cusp of collecting the first at this very moment. Anistar City Gym, here we go! Psychics shall not bar us from victory!
Anistar City Gym
- Enter the gym. It's the ornate building in the north, near the cafe.
- Stand on the carpet to blow the room away and reveal the actual gym. Interesting. If you want to leave, stand on the carpet again to reassemble the house.
- Walk straight ahead. You don't have much choice but to face the first trainer.
Exeggutor, level 46
No huge challenge here. Exeggutor is slow, and very vulnerable to bug-type moves. Its primary move, Egg Bomb, is also quite inaccurate.
- Approach the yellow tile ahead. You'll zip to another area of the sphere maze.
- Take the north path at the next split and continue east. Step on the tile ahead - there's no point going north.
- Take the left path leading south in the next area. Continue south on the next platform.
- Carry on south when you reappear. If you take the left side when the path splits, you'll hit a trainer. Go right to avoid him.
Medicham, level 46
Medicham will likely use a turn to bolster its stats. Take advantage of this to quickly kill it with a flying-type move. if your pokémon is especially fast you'll have two turns to bring it down before it's likely to attack.
- The path splits to the south. Go east (west is a dead end) to the next tile.
- Follow the path until it turns pink. Take the left turn at the next small split and you'll hit a trainer. Keep going straight and you can skip him.
Reuniclus, level 46
Extremely straightforward. Reuniclus will spend the battle trying to shred you with Psychic. A dark-type pokémon will have no problem at all.
- Carry on south to the next yellow tile.
- Another two way split. To the north you'll find a trainer who's sitting at a dead end; to the west you'll find another trainer whom you can skip by going north, as well as the next yellow tile.
Hex Maniac Arachna (north)
Jynx, level 46
Not much to say here. Just watch out for Jynx's ice attacks.
Hex Maniac Melanie (west)
Gardevoir, level 46
Similar to Reuniclus, though with less durability, more speed and more power. One strong dark-type move should bring it down.
- Past the next warp and to the north you'll find the gym leader. Prepare yourself!
Sigilyph, level 44
Slowking, level 45
Meowstic, level 48
Reward: $7,680, TM 04
Olympia's pokémon are quite good at stalling and setting up for her final pokémon. Sigilyph kicks the battle off with Reflect to buffer your attacks, following up with Psychic; Slowking will use Yawn before going to Psychic. These seem to be largely used to set up Meowstic, which will buff itself with Calm Mind and then batter your side with Psychic and Shadow Ball. Do what you can to wait out the effects of the other two pokémon before taking them down so Meowstic doesn't have any advantages when it comes out to play. Though strong, it's also quite frail.
Winning the battle will earn you the Psychic Badge, allowing you to control pokémon up to level 90. You'll also gain TM 04, Calm Mind. Woo! Number seven is yours!
More by this Author
Want to put a new spin on your old pokemon? Discover the locations of the Mega Stones in this Pokémon X and Y walkthrough.
Puzzled over where to find a particular TM or HM? This Pokémon X and Y walkthrough has got you covered with the locations of all of the TMs and HMs in the game.
A Dark Room is a long, complex browser-based game with a ton of waiting involved. Help minimize your already minimalistic journey with this walkthrough.