Pokémon X and Y Walkthrough, Part Thirty-Two: Route 17 and Anistar City
Wild Pokémon - Route 17
Team Flare has been driven into defeat once again, and in their wake your journey continues. Now that Mamoswine has been appeased, you're off to the famed Mamoswine Road to find a path to the next Pokemon Gym Challenge...
Route 17 - Mamoswine Road
- Take the exit out of southern Dendemille Town to find the Route.
- Hop onto the back of the Mamoswine waiting nearby. It can move through the deep snow to the south.
- Make your way east as soon as you enter the snow. Bash through the rocks directly ahead as well as the rocks in the small clearing, then dismount your Mamoswine. Make your way north and, after a few dead ends, you'll find an Icicle Plate. Check the north-most dead end for a hidden Timer Ball, as well.
- If you take out the rock to your right, you'll find a battle with a Sky Trainer. (Thanks to the people who pointed this out. Doi.)
Sky Trainer Anila
Rotom, level 42
Butterfree, level 44
As part electric-type, Rotom can be very dangerous, and should be wiped out immediately. Butterfree is annoying, but given that it's also a bug-type... ehhhhh...
- Head back south to the Mamoswine and hop aboard. Wade back into the snow and go south. You'll see more rocks along the southern wall; bash through these as well, including one more beyond, to find a small maze. On the left side of the maze you'll find a Calcium.
- Eastward bound when you're back on the Mamoswine. Follow the path to the end of the snow field. Not much more to do than that here. Dismount and continue.
- You'll see the end of the route ahead. Before going through the gate, head north. You'll find a Rare Candy on the edge of a cliff.
- There's a tree just north of the Route's exit. The square right in front of it contains a hidden Paralyze Heal.
- Route is done. Onward, on...
Hex Maniac TMs
The girl in the Pokemon Center will give you a TM a day, depending on what time of day you visit her. Here's a small table of what she'll give you.
Morning (5 AMish) - TM 32, Double Team
Afternoon (3 PMish) - TM 35, Flamethrower
Evening (6 PMish) - TM 77, Psych Up
Late Night (11 PMish) - TM 90, Substitute
Note that you can manipulate your system's time to get these TMs. She doesn't seem to notice.
- Head through the gate and into the city proper. You'll shortly be stopped by one of Sycamore's assistants, who will give you ten Repeat Balls.
- Cross the bridge. The Pokemon Center is waiting. Inside is a Hex Maniac who will give you TM 35, Flamethrower. Oooo. (She gives you different TMs at different times of the day. I got Flamethrower at 5:47. I'll check back with her tomorrow.) Also here is Mr. Bonding, the O-Power man about town. Last up is a Poke Mart vendor who provides several TMs for sale, namely Blizzard, Thunder, Fire Blast, Focus Blast and Hyper Beam.
- Outside the Pokemon Center is the Memory Girl. She can tell you the memories of your pokemon. Not very helpful, but neat.
- To the right of the Pokemon Center is a clothing store. Ooo la la.
- Next to the clothing store is a house. The guy in here will give you TM 10, Hidden Power. He'll also tell you what kind of move Hidden Power will be for each of your pokemon. Back outside, you can find a hidden Super Repel at the entrance of the alley between this house and the clothing shop.
- The next house to the north has the legendary pokemon expert mentioned when you entered the city.
- There's a lonely old man in the next house up. He wants to look after one of your pokemon, so long as it's below level five. Hand it over and come back a few days later. The pokemon will be there, along with a letter and a Comet Shard. Kinda sad, that. (Thanks to jarrod0306 for pointing this out.)
- To the left of this house is the leadup to the Anistar Sundial. Check the bush directly to the right of the massive crystal artifact to find a Sun Stone. Not much else you can do here other than get your picture taken.
- Check the southern line of bushes near the northern entrance to the Sundial to find a Pretty Wing.
- At the end of the street is a cafe. It's another place where you can pay to speak to people with pokemon that may not be in your Pokedex at this point.
- After healing up, approach the Pokemon Gym. Your neighbour will show up and attack. (Check the balcony to the right of the Gym after the battle to find a hidden Escape Rope.)
Meowstic, level 44
Vaporeon / Flareon / Jolteon, level 44
Absol, level 44
Chesnaught / Delphox / Greninja, level 46
You've fought the guy before, you're fighting him again. Your strategies shouldn't change too much from previous fights; indeed, he probably won't have kept up in levels very well compared to your current team. The only new addition is an Eeveevolution, based on your starter (Vaporeon if you chose Froakie, Flareon if you chose Fennekin, and Jolteon if you chose Chespin), which will largely stick to its elemental attacks - and, in Vaporeon's case, ice as well. (Thanks to everybody in the comments who helped confirm the three Eeveevolutions.)
He's the only thing standing in your way. Time to step inside the Anistar City Gym and earn that gym badge!
More by this Author
Want to put a new spin on your old pokemon? Discover the locations of the Mega Stones in this Pokémon X and Y walkthrough.
Puzzled over where to find a particular TM or HM? This Pokémon X and Y walkthrough has got you covered with the locations of all of the TMs and HMs in the game.
A Dark Room is a long, complex browser-based game with a ton of waiting involved. Help minimize your already minimalistic journey with this walkthrough.